Got scared for a minute

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My 1520's screen went blank dark and didn't respond, tried pressing the power button, display and nothing worked. Finally after like around a minute, the screen went on and everything is working fine. It's like the screen stop responding momentarily... So weird.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's happened a few times to my 1520 too. The double-tap to wake the screen always wakes the phone up though.. I don't think it's happened since I upgraded to Cyan, but then I mainly wake the phone with the double tap feature so can't say for certain....

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
It's happened a few times to my 1520 too. The double-tap to wake the screen always wakes the phone up though.. I don't think it's happened since I upgraded to Cyan, but then I mainly wake the phone with the double tap feature so can't say for certain....
Maybe is a bug from the firmware... It will be a good idea to report it to Microsoft.

ncrader

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
HELP... Something similar seems to be happening to me. All of sudden around lunch today, my phone locked up. I did a soft reset. Now, my symptoms are as follows:

Phone boots, seems sluggish to come to start screen. After I reach start screen, power button will not work and phone eventually dims with even settings not able to change display brightness. However, control of the OS is still present and screen responds to all touch interaction. Eventually, the screen goes black and once it does, the phone will NOT turn back on without soft reset, and the cycle repeats. It is really bad. I was going to do a hard reset, but have been unsuccesful in getting a 100% backup to run. Seems to be hanging or failing around 98%. Any insight or assitance is appreciated. Oh, one other thing, soft reset always seem to work with Volume down and power, so it seems the hardware buttons are funtioning correctly.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
HELP... Something similar seems to be happening to me. All of sudden around lunch today, my phone locked up. I did a soft reset. Now, my symptoms are as follows:

Phone boots, seems sluggish to come to start screen. After I reach start screen, power button will not work and phone eventually dims with even settings not able to change display brightness. However, control of the OS is still present and screen responds to all touch interaction. Eventually, the screen goes black and once it does, the phone will NOT turn back on without soft reset, and the cycle repeats. It is really bad. I was going to do a hard reset, but have been unsuccesful in getting a 100% backup to run. Seems to be hanging or failing around 98%. Any insight or assitance is appreciated. Oh, one other thing, soft reset always seem to work with Volume down and power, so it seems the hardware buttons are funtioning correctly.

Try this for the backup issue....
Manage the backup, then delete... SETTINGS > Backup > apps + settings > manage backups > delete... This will remove the fowled backup that is not completing. To will receive a warning you will not be able to restore from the cloud until you turn backups back on.

So the idea is delete the broken backup, then turn the app + settings backup on again, then perform a backup now, and watch the magic happen :) it should complete.

Had this very issue when going from 8.0 to 8.1.

bambuco

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had to me on Thursday, all day. It did resets, powered down, I even went to at&t store for help. They didn't have any refurbs in store so they had me call customer service. Spent 35 minutes going through basics, even reset phone. Since then it hasn't happened.

Note #1: This only started since updating to Cyan, I had 8.1 via dev prog so I rolled back to get official cyan.

Note #2: About 2 weeks (after Cyan) my back button has started to "disappear" like it no longer stays lit like the windows button or search /cortana button.

Because of the back button issue and still under manf. warranty I went ahead and requested a cert. refurb device to be shipped. I happen to have a small dent that I'd like to get replaced,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos