Asphalt 8 Choppy in some races on a Lumia 1520 with Cyan

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one or others too have the problem?? It was choppy in dev preview, a restart fixed it.. With Cyan, the choppiness is there in the sound and some tracks have jerks while playing.. Anyone else have it ??

Devhammer

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one or others too have the problem?? It was choppy in dev preview, a restart fixed it.. With Cyan, the choppiness is there in the sound and some tracks have jerks while playing.. Anyone else have it ??

Yep. I saw the same thing. Just picked up a new 32GB 1520 from B&H, and updated it all the way to Cyan and WP 8.1 Update 1. Asphalt 8 had some major performance issues, which I found very surprising given that overall, the 1520 was MUCH faster and more responsive than my 920.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
After today's update, its absolutely choppy.. Unplayably choppy, there are new special effects added which are good but the choppiness makes it not so enjoyable.. The choppiness is there from the time the game is loaded not just in the race. The China tracks are not loading at all, in the sense the display is black.. can see the controls and map alone..

Anyone else?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
If only they'd optimize for the recent hardware... Gameloft doesn't seem to care very much though, they don't even support 1080p...

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
After today's update, its absolutely choppy.. Unplayably choppy, there are new special effects added which are good but the choppiness makes it not so enjoyable.. The choppiness is there from the time the game is loaded not just in the race. The China tracks are not loading at all, in the sense the display is black.. can see the controls and map alone..

Anyone else?

I'd say it has to do with Update 1, because Lumia Cyan isn't optimized for it. My video playback is choppy too on my device and general graphic performance.
Once Lumia Denim comes out, expect better performance. Same was happening while I was on DP 8.1. But once I updated to the official ATT build, my phone buttery smooth. That's why I kind of regret updating to Update 1.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well m not on DP 8.1.1.. I noticed when I was on DP 8.1.. After I upgraded to cyan most tracks were good but some had choppy sound, with occasional jitters.. Now after the new asphalt 8 update its completely choppy throughout.. The phone is buttery smooth everywhere else!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium