Good work by MSFT... Battery life

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I leave this screen on all day at the office, since it's IPS and not AMOLED, there's no risk of burnin. I leave the auto-brightness on which for the first time ever is actually awesome and works. I definitely am a heavy user of this device, and I never even have to worry about it running out before bed time each night.

It's hands down the best battery experience I've had with any mobile device.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Been having problems with my order. Made an order and after some days they called me to tell me it was no longer available and I had already gotten a protective case in anticipation of the device. And after then, I was unable to find a local store that sells this device. Anyway, last week decided I was going to get the L930; I was on the verge of purchasing the device (it even costs more) but when I thought of the batter of the L1520 I decided I just couldn't.

Anyway, today I found another seller, but he is from another city. He says he has it and would ship tomorrow; fingers crossed (hope he really has it). Only time will tell.

4 fun

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Good luck... This Phone is amazing...

Been having problems with my order. Made an order and after some days they called me to tell me it was no longer available and I had already gotten a protective case in anticipation of the device. And after then, I was unable to find a local store that sells this device. Anyway, last week decided I was going to get the L930; I was on the verge of purchasing the device (it even costs more) but when I thought of the batter of the L1520 I decided I just couldn't.

Anyway, today I found another seller, but he is from another city. He says he has it and would ship tomorrow; fingers crossed (hope he really has it). Only time will tell.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is mine from a week and a half ago http://1drv.ms/1qFVqVz

My 1520 has Cyan with Dev Preview enabled (so Update 1 is installed).

My battery life was actually better with WP8.0 than 8.1

YES, with Update 1 Internet Explorer seems to consume a bit more battery - waiting for an update, hopefully remediates that.

BUT, my experience on the Cyan update (for about a week & a half) was superb battery life.

SeattleSeahawks

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
After 12 hours off the charger I still have 70% battery after getting official cyan update. Before with preview for developers at 12 hours I'd be around 25 to 35% battery. Kudos to Microsoft!!! My 1520 feels like it isn't getting as hot either when playing a game or watching videos.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
last night I checked my phone before putting it to charge, I checked the battery app and I got 2 days and 4 hrs.! yes, 2 days! best battery ever! this was me using the phone freely, doing everything I wanted. Bluetooth on the whole time, videos, music, browsing, talking, video chat! I'm loving this phone more and more!

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Running cyan and getting an easy two days with moderate use.....by far the best battery life I have had on any smart phone

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
YES, with Update 1 Internet Explorer seems to consume a bit more battery - waiting for an update, hopefully remediates that.

BUT, my experience on the Cyan update (for about a week & a half) was superb battery life.

I haven't noticed IE draining my battery more than usual (personal observation + battery saver reflects my observation) but when I just had the Cyan update installed with enabling the dev preview, I was definitely getting worse battery, basically 1 day to 1 day and a half compared to 2 full days. Granted, I've allowed a couple more apps to run in the background compared to WP8.0, and I'm sure some of the added features to WP8.1 drain the battery more as well, but after testing this on two seperate 1520's I'm definitely not getting a healthy battery increase compared to other 1520 users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss