Another member of the 1520 club here

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've done it. I've ordered myself a Lumia 1520 after a year of yearning for it since we first started seeing and hearing the rumors.

?380 from Nokia Lumia 1520 4G LTE | MobiCity UK
One of the best prices in the UK and the rare white colour :D

I wont miss my HTC 8x, and I'm hoping it will be a while before we see another 6 inch windows phone. I would possible be tempted by a 5.5 inch but it would need to have a stand out feature like the 1020s camera for me to think about replacing the 1520.

It was between the 1520 or a 32gb Surface 2, I will have the 1520 with me 24 hours a day so opted for that :)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
FYI, this looks like an imported model with no warranty from nokia UK. You can check in Settings > About. If it's a UK model, it will show "Carrier CV GB"

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I did wonder about this, I avoided the cheap ones on amazon as then are imported. Will the region number be on the box so I can check without opening I wonder?

If it is imported I'm not sure I would want it and will likely grab a 930.

This may be a clue: "Stock is sourced from around the world according to quality, value and availability and sent from our warehouse in the UK direct to the end user through fast and reliable courier services that offer live tracking."

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I did wonder about this, I avoided the cheap ones on amazon as then are imported. Will the region number be on the box so I can check without opening I wonder?

This may be a clue: "Stock is sourced from around the world according to quality, value and availability and sent from our warehouse in the UK direct to the end user through fast and reliable courier services that offer live tracking."

I'd say it's pretty likely to be imported based on the following observations:
1. They are selling the yellow 1520 which was never released in the UK
2. Price is cheaper than everywhere else selling a UK model
3. Page states "12 months warranty from MobiCity". No mention on Nokia warranty
4. The text you already pasted

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Look for 1520.1 on the box. If it says that, it will be the proper UK one. (CV)
Great phone, I'm sure you will love it...

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
FYI, this looks like an imported model with no warranty from nokia UK. You can check in Settings > About. If it's a UK model, it will show "Carrier CV GB"
What if you flash a UK CV afterwards, would Nokia UK then cover it? It sounds too easy but you never know...

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
nope. Warranty is tied to the device's IMEI number and the point of purchase. Mine is Hong Kong variant. Warranty specifically states it's only valid in Hong Kong region.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss