Music randomly stops playing [SERIOUS PROBLEM]

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This problem has been occurring since I have used the 1520. Never did I experienced this with my 920 before.

Anyways, music randomly stops playing and I can't seem to get it back to playing if I don't restart THE WHOLE PHONE. It's very annoying and no this is not an Xbox Music issue since I've tried MixRadio, the Hub Tile and other third party players and this is still happening. Whatever skipping of songs I do it still won't play. Songs are switching but it's stuck on the 'pause' button but it's not playing.. No sounds, time is not running. REALLY annoying.

Is this an SD card issue?

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This problem has been occurring since I have used the 1520. Never did I experienced this with my 920 before.

Anyways, music randomly stops playing and I can't seem to get it back to playing if I don't restart THE WHOLE PHONE. It's very annoying and no this is not an Xbox Music issue since I've tried MixRadio, the Hub Tile and other third party players and this is still happening. Whatever skipping of songs I do it still won't play. Songs are switching but it's stuck on the 'pause' button but it's not playing.. No sounds, time is not running. REALLY annoying.

Does it happen if you copy music to your phone and play from there?

If your music is on your SD card when this happens, then Yes.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I do have pretty much the same issue. Don't use SD card at all.
The situation is sometimes the player (tried both MixRadio and Xbox Music) doesn't play next track. It's switching to it, but doesn't play.
The way I fix it is I unplug the headphones and plug them back in.

I do think it's a GDR1 bug, since I didn't have anything like this before.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen if you copy music to your phone and play from there?

If your music is on your SD card when this happens, then Yes.

Haven't tried it. But with my 920 running DVP it's fine..

Posted via Windows Phone Central App for Android!

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I do have pretty much the same issue. Don't use SD card at all.
The situation is sometimes the player (tried both MixRadio and Xbox Music) doesn't play next track. It's switching to it, but doesn't play.
The way I fix it is I unplug the headphones and plug them back in.

I do think it's a GDR1 bug, since I didn't have anything like this before.

Wow. Thanks I will try this tomorrow and see what happens

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Another issue is when I'm playing through Aux to a stereo, and then I receive a text message Cortana alerts me. When it resumes playing, the it doesn't play through the Aux anymore. Unplugging and plugging in the Aux cable doesn't fix it. I have to stop and then hit play again. Sometimes that fixes it

markdotai

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like it might be the same problem as experienced in this other thread: (UGH I can't paste a link as not enough posts yet) It's the Lumia 930 forum "Music apps only play 2 songs then stop...". Which as noted by Silviu Bogusevschi seems to be to do with headphones for some reason ...

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it might be the same problem as experienced in this other thread: (UGH I can't paste a link as not enough posts yet) It's the Lumia 930 forum "Music apps only play 2 songs then stop...". Which as noted by Silviu Bogusevschi seems to be to do with headphones for some reason ...

I saw it, it probably is that. I think is a bug on Cyan. Hopefully we get a fix soon.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Update: I tried the plugging and unplugging of headphones and it worked! Not sure I want to get used to this, I hope Microsoft fixes this because it's annoying.

Thanks for the help guys!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Could it be a problem with that specific brand of headphones? Try a different brand, maybe that will fix the issue.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Could it be a problem with that specific brand of headphones? Try a different brand, maybe that will fix the issue.

I doubt it. I use a Soundmagic E10 and I'm pretty sure the others experiencing this doesn't use the same brand as mine.

It's probably an OS bug since our guys over the 930 sub forum are having problems as well.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Didn't really even notice it until I was sitting in the garage having a couple beers after working on the bike and noticed music wasn't playing anymore. Happened twice this past weekend.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I am not getting my notifications coming through my ear buds but the music plays fine. I was mowing the lawn and didnt realize I was receiving texts as I was not notified during the music playback.

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem and I cure it the same way, by unplugging speaker/headphones. Im on 8.1 but not GDR1.
It only ever happens if the phone is not mobile ( and using it connected via cable or Bluetooth to a speaker)
Is it because the phone motion sensor senses it is still and turns off ( as if you were listening to music via headphones and fell asleep??)

Lancer9tn8ty

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

This has been happening all week to me and I've been resorting to restarting my phone completely to get it to work again, however today I discovered that if I unplug my auxiliary cable from my phone and then back in again it starts working.

Lancer9tn8ty

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh that actually makes sense because it only happens when I leave my phone untouched and unattended for an extended period of time. Anyone know if this is a feature that can be turned off?

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about your headphone but mines are from Nokia so they have a small button on them used to pick up calls. I've had this issue happened to me quite regularly and at first I had tried resetting the phone like you are doing but then I found out that I should just hit that button twice and things would be back to normal. Hope my tip helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers