1520 replacement model

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, what's the latest news on the 1525 which is supposed to be an update model of the 1520? At the moment Ms is concentrating on lower to mid range models to capture more market share especially in developing countries. No flagship models coming our way this year like the 1520 & 1020 replacement. Both are ageing models. 930 is just an Icon model for non US market which I'm using now. What is happening to Ms? Cheers mate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's rumours of the device but that is all, there is no confirmation of this device actually existing.

You are absolutely right in your statement though. There are no devices I'm interested in from MS/Nokia this year. So far the only device I've been slightly interested in, the HTC, is not available in my country and it lacks a good camera, as far as I'm concerned.

As to what has happened, the Nokia acquisition. That's the excuse anyway.

So you're not alone in your opinions. :)

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Forget about the HTC M8 window. The camera is crappy. I had an Android M8 & the much hyped 4mp Ultra pixel is utterly hopeless. IMHO, Nokia or it used to be known as Nokia still makes the best Window phones. To overcome Window mobile OS's limitations I'm using a Xperia Z2 Android phone as my 2nd phone on different telco.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing with the camera thing. I was just pointing out from aesthetics look I like the HTC. They have also managed to get their device on all the US carriers, something Nokia has failed to do. I also wouldn't say that Nokia phones are they best. They're more similar to Samsung in that they produce many models. None of their phones are really 'flagship' phones as such. All their phones have some limitation or another as far as I'm concerned.

I use an Android tablet to get around the annoyance of WP as well. I'm also considering moving to Android but I don't like anything that is out now with them either.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that the 1520 could be termed as being "aging". There's nothing about it which can be seen as being dated along side any other more recent devices.

It can still hold it's head high as being a flagship device.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I disagree that the 1520 could be termed as being "aging". There's nothing about it which can be seen as being dated along side any other more recent devices.

It can still hold it's head high as being a flagship device.

It's almost a year old, I guess to some that's 'aging'.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I am ready to give Microsoft/Nokia my money but nothing out right now that is drawing my attention to throw it at.

I have an upgrade and trying to trade/sell my 1520 but no luck yet.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The 1520 is still king of the hill.
It will easily eat the 'newer' HTC and it's 'better' specs of 100MHz CPU speed increase for breakfast, burp then ask for seconds.

The Snapdragon 801 is just a rebadged 800....

BrianCoe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920 and, despite the fact that it's still less than two years old, I've read several people say that it's basically an ancient device.

It's the reason why I haven't upgraded to a 1520. I'd like to, but I don't want to do it and then have them release the 1525 or similar in three months. Then I'll be in the same update hell I am in now with AT&T, where it's a forgotten device because it's two years old or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa