Finally getting my device!

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
After hunting for 2 weeks with a lot of disappointments such as the hone being listed as out of production in my local stores, seller telling me he'd ship and calling back to say he doesn't have it, almost buying a used one (thank goodness; one seller sold it to another buyer after I requested and the other seller decided not to sell anymore), and ridiculous prices on eBay, finally I got a text saying it has been shipped (locally) and God willing, I'd get it tomorrow.

I almost went with the L930 during this time frame, but with considerations like no expandable memory (gonna get a 128gb sd card), lesser battery and screen size; I just couldn't come to it and I'm sure glad i didn't.

Any app suggestions or things I should do when I get the phone? Well I know wp 8.1 is sure, but plan to play about with wp8 a little first to get a feel of it and the pleasure of upgrading.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
After hunting for 2 weeks with a lot of disappointments such as the hone being listed as out of production in my local stores, seller telling me he'd ship and calling back to say he doesn't have it, almost buying a used one (thank goodness; one seller sold it to another buyer after I requested and the other seller decided not to sell anymore), and ridiculous prices on eBay, finally I got a text saying it has been shipped (locally) and God willing, I'd get it tomorrow.

I almost went with the L930 during this time frame, but with considerations like no expandable memory (gonna get a 128gb sd card), lesser battery and screen size; I just couldn't come to it and I'm sure glad i didn't.

Any app suggestions or things I should do when I get the phone? Well I know wp 8.1 is sure, but plan to play about with wp8 a little first to get a feel of it and the pleasure of upgrading.

Good choice! Glad to hear that you have chosen the 1520 over the Icon, you won't regret that. I've picked up one as of late either and have totally fallen in love with this amazing piece of technology. And with a 128GB sd card empowering your device you actually have a flagship equipment as far as the WP world is concerned.

As for Apps, from my perspective the Halo Spartan Assault game is really fantastic when it comes to showing off with the screen. Any other game will most likely do either.

Here's another tip: If you're much into Music, get some good headphones. I'm using the Nokia Purity Pro Bluetooth headphones (yeah, they're expensive but worth every penny) and the combination is absolutely stunning. The L1520 is lightning fast and even with the half-baked Music app hooking these headphones up already involves a lot of fun.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Glad you finally got what you wanted. I'm new to the 1520 and LOVE it having come from 925.

I'm not a big gamer, but even I can appreciate that they are so much better on the 6" screen and the 1080p resolution. So whatever games you dig and a few more... LOL.

With the expandable memory, get Lumia Storage Check beta so you can move Maps to the SD card. With all the storage room I have now I've got every English language pack for Here + navigation (to give me voice options) and I just went ahead and downloaded the entire US map.

I've also just checked out ProShot. Seems like a real solid investment for $2.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear that you have chosen the 1520 over the Icon
Yeah, I just knew I wont be excited if I got the ICON/L930.

Halo Spartan Assault game is really fantastic when it comes to showing off with the screen
Seems an awesome game too! Already bookmarked it as one of the games to get.

Glad you finally got what you wanted. I'm new to the 1520 and LOVE it having come from 925.
Thanks, I'll be new to the L1520 from an old nokia torchlight phone XD (my lagdroid device got about stolen two weeks ago)

I've also just checked out ProShot. Seems like a real solid investment for $2.
Thanks for the suggestion, I sure will.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Here are some good time wasters for you. They are all small simple games but there is a high chance that you will love them
Hypernaut, bowman, piano tiles, match it!, what way.
And there are games like darklands, minion rush

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss