Nokia Lumia 1520 Wireless Charging merry go round

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the Nokia Lumia 1520.1 RM - 937. From what i understand this version of the 1520 does not have the wireless charging internals.
I bought the phone recently second hand. I am from the UK and bought it at a UK Game store. I understand that AT&T sell a non qi wireless charging version in the US. I have seen online a nokia lumia 1520 incipio charging case. This has a different type of charging system. Just wondering if all this would work on my 1520 and if so, where in the UK can I possibly get hold of one.
Any ideas or alternatives would be most grateful.
Amazing phone by the way.....

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
You sound unsure about the specification of the device. Are you positive it is an AT&T model? Acros Europe it is the unlocked version being sold.
Anyway, if you are sure its an AT&T version; I'm not from the UK, but if I'm to take a wild guess, I don't think the wireless incipio case is sold in Europe either seeing as that variant of the phone is only officially available to a carrier in USA.
Well there are a couple of links I found on eBay and Amazon. If you're bent on purchasing it, you can use them:
Incipio Wireless Charging Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Duracell Powermat NEW | eBay
Incipio Wireless Charging Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Duracell Powermat New | eBay
http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Wirel...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2746582

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply's. I bought the phone used at a Game store. There is no AT&T branding on my phone, plus I have the 32 gb version.
I didn't get the original box.
My girlfriend bought the Lumia 930 yesterday which came with the Nokia wireless charger. The charger works with her phone but doesn't do a thing on my 1520. Euro 1. 231 is in the about settings.
Come to think of it, my phone is locked too Three mobile which I also thought would make it definitely for the UK.
Thank you for the links, I will try and look up some more information its just difficult as all sorts of rubbish comes up on bing n google.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
There is no AT&T branding on my phone, plus I have the 32 gb version.
Then like I suspected your phone isn't AT&T.
AT&T smartphones have the branding and to the best of my knowledge, a 16gb (but theres also a 32gb version) internal memory. If a Qi wireless charger doesnt work, you probably have a defective Qi panel (might explain why the firsthand user sold it). I suggest you try another qi charger and take it to a repair store before further investing in a qi cover.
And if it doesn't have the three metal pins behind (final way to confirm if its AT&T), a Qi back cover will be of no help.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
What color is your phone? AT&T has/had a 32 GB model but it was only available in black. I have that phone and it has the AT&T globe logo on the upper right of the front of the phone. Also the RM-937 is the International version, the AT&T version is RM-940.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again guys. My phone is white and there's no branding at all. I have been trying to buy a Lumia 1520 for 9 months but they are very scarce and expensive. I finally got one for a good price plus a full 12 month warranty.
I'm a bit dubious about taking the phone back so soon in case they give me a full refund. Perhaps I will hold on to it for a couple of months and then consider taking it back and hopefully get it repaired. Thanks again for your help its much appreciated. Its cleared the confusion up for me.😊

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Can I suggest an idea.. I did this to get my 1520... I went to Woolworths online or littlewoods online and they sell the phone with a buy now pay later with no interest to pay. Its best to get a refund and do that. At least you know it has wireless charging. Price check between the 2 sites I mentioned as there will be a massive price difference

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit dubious about taking the phone back so soon in case they give me a full refund.
I advice you take it back to them now you still have your warranty. Explain to them that your Qi doesn't work. They most likely would offer a replacement or have it fixed within a day or 2. If they offer a refund, well you have the right to refuse a refund.
I have been trying to buy a Lumia 1520 for 9 months but they are very scarce.
Same problem I had for the passed 2 weeks, was unavailable here (Ukraine) and was ridiculously expensive on eBay (especially UK costing almost over a thousand dollars) but today I finally got one shipped locally and would collect tomorrow.

Again I would suggest to try another Qi charger. And the L1520 is a large device, maybe you are just missing the sweet spot; move it over the charger a bit.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After talking with Nokia support they solved my wireless charging problem.
I had to ring with my house phone so she could explain what to do.
I was told to shut the phone down then turn the phone back on, she then said to do a software reset.
I explained I have already tried this, but she explained that I had to shut the phone down then restart THEN do the software reset, hold down volume and off buttons for 15 seconds until vibrate.
After doing this she said to try the phone on the wireless charger, which to my amazement worked!
I was told that only RM-937 seems to have this problem and you do occasionally have to go through this same process.
I'm only wondering now if its only since 8.1 that this problem starts. Wish I would of asked.
Hope this helps others. Its an unusual fault.
Thanks for everyone's help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos