What do you think about the 4K video filming for L1520?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys, I'm confused here. Are pureview branded lumias(1520, icon/930) getting native support for 4k video recording with denim? Because I thought the feature was only available in moment capture mode where when you have to take a spontaneous shot, you instead film a short 4k video instead and later extract 8mp images out of it. That's MS's answer to verge reviewers who used to bash Nokia's imaging capabilities because they cant capture their kid's spontaneous moments. Lol.

Yes they are, at least they should.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you aware that when you watch 24fps content on modern TV, frames are doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc... to match the TV's refresh rate?? Watching 24fps on a TV that has a 48hz refresh rate, means every frame is doubled. At 72hz, every frame is tripled. At 96hz, every frame is quadrupled. At 120hz every frame is shown 5 times. And so on.

24fps shown at 60hz goes through a process called 3:2 pulldown. Google it if you need to.

Well, that explains why same movies seem more smooth and detailed on tvs than laptops.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Blacklac, it must pain you to watch a movie in the theatres, right? The technology must feel ancient, like watching a flipbook.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Blacklac, it must pain you to watch a movie in the theatres, right? The technology must feel ancient, like watching a flipbook.

Lol. I actually never go to theaters. :D

I think newer digital projectors use 48hz and 72hz though. 72hz is perfectly fine. I really only notice 48hz flicker on bright areas, usually white or skies, but it is distracting enough to take me out of the movie.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
We often dont realize when things are bad, if we are used to it. Ask someone who is used to PAL to watch NTSC (specifically 24fps content at 60hz) They will think we are stupid for using it.

I'm talking film content. 59.9Xfps (sports, live TV) content is perfectly fine, IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2