09-10-2014 07:06 PM
35 12
tools
    In my experience, there are few things that people treat less carefully than their corporate cell phone. The last company I worked for assigned Blackberry devices to about 60 executives. They were always getting cycled out as they were lost, suffered reparable damage, like a damaged screen or busted keyboard, or when they were damaged to the point that they wouldn't power on, etc.
    We cost share 50/50 one device in the contract cycle as well as the shared minuet erred and data. After that, the devices are all 100% their responsibility. We'll point them to some good used device sources, yet they all want new and will pay for it. Maybe we're paying them too much...
    09-06-2014 04:59 PM
    I hear you guy in the video. You and your wife drops phones on a regular basis and you're right, its not your fault and you should not be held responsible for having fingers made from sticks of butter. Nokia should be quick to repair your phone each and every one of the "million times" it hits the floor. Who do they think they are? If I were you, I'd do the same thing. Make a video and let everyone know that you are a loyal Nokia customer and they owe you.
    09-06-2014 06:15 PM
    Ehm.. They cover the costs of whatever someone else's property I happen to break. I've had my dish washer once break and several liters of water leaked out of it, made their way down to the apartment below mine and destroyed a couple of pretty expensive - and **** ugly - carpets. They covered it all. I'm glad I have this insurance. Like most other Germans do too.
    Say No More. :) So it is not like the premiums you paid all these years was wasted or anything. Just saying :D
    Last edited by Skamath; 09-07-2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Just Saying ;)
    09-07-2014 12:01 AM
    Say No More. :) So it is not like the premiums you paid all these years was wasted or anything. Just saying :D

Tbh, those insurances aren't costly at all. I pay 80 a year.
    09-07-2014 12:37 AM
    The guy in that video is a moron, but it's something I see happening frequently. People blame the manufacturer when they drop their phone and break the screen. They feel that the phone should be able to survive a drop, and cry like small children when customer care tells them they are out of luck on getting it fixed for free. It's always the same story, "I dropped my old(insert name) phone multiple times and it never broke!..this phone is too fragile!"
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-07-2014 01:33 AM
    The guy in that video is a moron, but it's something I see happening frequently. People blame the manufacturer when they drop their phone and break the screen. They feel that the phone should be able to survive a drop, and cry like small children when customer care tells them they are out of luck on getting it fixed for free. It's always the same story, "I dropped my old(insert name) phone multiple times and it never broke!..this phone is too fragile!"
    Hey, that's a valid complaint! I smashed my old Leopard 2 tank through concrete walls multiple times, and the m*therf*cker came out without a scratch. Now this new Ford I have already has scratches all over the place from just a couple of bushes I hit. Pfff.. Low quality cr*p I say! :P

Seriously though, you're absolutely right. It's laughable at best how people react these days. Noteworthy though that it's mainly kids, who mostly didn't even pay for the devices their selves in the first place.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-07-2014 09:48 AM
    I think partly the manufacturer is to be blamed for this culture. Have you seen the Gorilla screen 2 promo on Youtube. You will expect a lot more from your phone.
    09-09-2014 02:35 PM
    To prove his case the guy says he dropped his other Lumias "a million times" (0:50 in). Maybe they don't teach statistics in India or Bangladesh or where ever but the law of probability says if you drop multiple glass objects enough times one will eventually break. I don't think I have dropped my Lumia 1520 on a hard surface yet. I've dropped it a short distance onto carpet. You have to get a case and be careful with these things. I don't know what to say. It's a $600+ device. Would you drop a $600+ DSLR on concrete and expect good things to happen?
    09-09-2014 06:09 PM
    To prove his case the guy says he dropped his other Lumias "a million times" (0:50 in). Maybe they don't teach statistics in India or Bangladesh or where ever but the law of probability says if you drop multiple glass objects enough times one will eventually break. I don't think I have dropped my Lumia 1520 on a hard surface yet. I've dropped it a short distance onto carpet. You have to get a case and be careful with these things. I don't know what to say. It's a $600+ device. Would you drop a $600+ DSLR on concrete and expect good things to happen?
    while your points are valid ,pls dont make such comments against whole countries
    yes im also from india and so is he,but the rest of the nation cannot be judged based on either
    09-10-2014 01:25 PM
    I throw my Lumia 1320 on the floor, sometimes in the air and let it hit the floor, or throw it across the room, all the time as a joke. However, the floors are usually flat surfaces. I only have two small scratches on the back cover to show for my antics after about 20-25 drops/throws. I could see if the screen hit first on a point, all of that energy goes to one point. The screen has got to give. I would be frustrated too but I feel like he should have been more careful. I throw my Lumia around all the time without any consequences so far but I'm pretty sure if I threw it on a rock or something pointy, it's going to break.
    09-10-2014 07:06 PM
35 12