Nokia Denim features... which is more exciting for you?

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 will get all the new Nokia Denim features:

- Faster Lumia Camera. The new camera app only takes milliseconds from shoot to shoot.
- Moment Capture. Grab an small 4K video and you can choose 8MP pictures from each frame
- Rich Capture. Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash
- Hey Cortana. New way to call cortana
- The new Glance Screen. Amazing.

Last edited:

joeinbh

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The faster shot-to-shot time is very important, but I voted for the moments capture. Having 3 small kids, I've handed our high-quality Canon camcorder to hundreds of strangers and asked them to point it at us, since the only way I could get decent family photos with 3 small kids was to pull 2 megapixel stills from the 1080p video. It was a time consuming workflow and yielded only 2 megapixel photos. With moments capture, I can pull the photos directly on my phone and get 8 megapixel stills - AMAZING!

I don't do a good enough job keeping up with what's going on with the other platforms - anyone know if any Android devices have a similar feature? Or is this a differentiating feature for WP?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520 will get all the new Nokia Denim features:

- Faster Lumia Camera. The new camera app only takes milliseconds from shoot to shoot.
- Moment Capture. Grab an small 4K video and you can choose 1080p pictures from each frame
- Rich Capture. Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash
- Hey Cortana. New way to call cortana
- The new Glance Screen. Amazing.

You are wrong about moment capture, you can capture a 4K video and pull out 4K frames from it, 4K is roughly 8.3 megapixels.

Any reason to be available to 512 devices, which normally have low-to-medium camera?

HDR can greatly help improve the cameras of devices, no matter how low end.

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Any reason to be available to 512 devices, which normally have low-to-medium camera?
well i hope they will add even just the HDR, some hdr apps works pretty decent in 512mb ram devices, so why not attach it to lower end device. since opening a native camera is faster than using hdr apps

Last edited:

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
It would be great to know which denim features would be available for each handset - hopefully someone in the know could compile this.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like all of them except the 4k recording. But that's only because of their implementation. Yet, I do kind of like the idea of images being taken from the recorded video. Its just not a big deal to me.

Can't freaking wait for HDR and the faster imaging.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The only thing i am excited is the improvement to the camera, HDR and the glance screen. I really don't care about 4k video, it's just a gimmick to waste resource in your phone.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I like the 4K movie moments because it's basically a 24 FPS 8 MP burst mode. I won't be using 4K 2160p video recording though, I'll stick with 720p for more zoom and smaller file size.

I'm personally excited about imaging quality improvements and Hey Cortana.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Every time they say "new algorithm" i brace my self with a hard heart to take a shot of bad image quality, last time it happened, took them two updates to fix it - i hope this time is different.

And to be honest, i think 4k will be amazing, you get to shoot a lot of photos, then choose the best one, also, we WP people usually share 5mp shots, but now, say hello to 8.3mp. that would be better imo.

finally i cant wait to the moment, when i say: "hey cortana, wake me up at 7:00" while my phone is charging next to me. :D joy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)