How on earth do people get 2-4 days of battery?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
That much I know; that is why am asking how you use your phone. Settings and stuff you use.

I was actually posting that comment with a little hidden truth.. You can do it by using your phone like in the old days, just text and call, occasional photos, browsing, mail.. No apps like FB, Viber, Whatsapp.. That's the Lumia 630, On the other side on my ATIV S I can get around 1 day and a half to 2,3 days by keeping WiFi, internet off when I don't need it. Using it only when I need it. No games at all. Occasional WPCentral, Viber, Skype, browsing. Not using Cortana and definitely restricting all the apps to run in the background but a few I need. A hard reset helped me alot. Went from 16 hours to a day and a half - Estimated time remaining. Actual time is longer - again depends on usage. I'm sure I could keep it for a week or something if I didn't use it just for fun. And yes it may depend on any of your signal strengths - Cellular and WiFi and such.. That hidden drainer there.. I guess we just use our phones more often :)

Also keep a white theme with IPS LCS screens or black theme with an Amoled. It helps a little.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

browsing takes like 27% in hour of use of my battery on my htc 8x,
on 100%, birghtness automatic, wifi is on, nfc and bluetooth are off, the max it said is around 13 hrs, [idle].

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
re:

My Battery is weird too.

On a full charge it would usually say 2 Days and 22 Hours left.
Moderate browsing for 30mins would easily drain my batt to about 80-85% but by the time it reaches 79% it holds battery much better. In fact what amazes me is how well it's able to maintain charge while idle.

Another thing I noticed about my 1520 is that it charges really quickly up to 90% but going to 100% will take maybe an additional 30mins of charging.

Anybody experiencing what I'm experiencing?

My phone's on Official 8.1 Cyan

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

my 720-exact 1.5-2 days of battery life with skype,bbm,whatsapp,3G,Wifi,NFC etc all turned on
my 820 lasts 1 day easily with the same stuff

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

Rawliglat x ...

Your phone is rather new (if I remember correctly), there is a break in period for the Battery. Allow Cortana to run in the background, my experience has been this results in less consumption from Cortana (eventually, currently learning).

Check your Battery usage, periodically, to catch high consumers ...
Overall Battery life for the device, is affected by subset of apps installed / running in the background / etc
Gaming will deplete your Battery.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

Your phone is rather new (if I remember correctly), there is a break in period for the Battery.
Yeah, I believe I also read something like that some time ago. Will watchout for a while.
And the apps apps shown to consume more battery on the battery saver aren't even running so I'm unsure why it shows them.

And do you use a battery app? Which one?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

Yeah, I believe I also read something like that some time ago. Will watchout for a while.
And the apps apps shown to consume more battery on the battery saver aren't even running so I'm unsure why it shows them.
historical data, soft reset will flush this
And do you use a battery app? Which one?
Battery by Arthur Semenov - a holdover from before Battery Saver

The tangent point to be taken is, the subset of apps installed has an affect on the Battery / OS stability / Storage mgmt. / etc ... Can't emphasize enough, how important that is

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

1 day 15 hours is pretty fine. Also, AFAIK the white theme consumes more battery than the black one.

I almost got a week of battery life on my 1520, but in Flight mode and almost no usage :p

http://1drv.ms/YlFduz

Thats actually true on AMOLED screens, on LCD not so. For example LCD is of course in the 1520, 920 and 1020.

Backround tasks update the live tiles, so if you turn them off for an app, it will only have a "tile", not a live tile.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

I believe that restricting the location usage of apps can improve battery life, even if these apps are not actually running or if you restricted them to run in the background. I only let navigation apps and maybe one or two using location permanently/automatically, others will have to ask or I'll manually allow it.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

It's all about the((screen on time)) I get roughly 3 hours screen on time with my icon and that is with nothing running in the background at all and automatic brightness. With the lgg2 I get almost 7 hours screen on time with all the bells and whistles on. In love with my icon though. I'm an extreme user with my face in my phone all the time personal/work/play and I am always charging my phone. But I don't care either. LFL Lumia for life
p.S. Just adding the lgg2 has a bigger battery so it should get better life.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
re:

Well... Theirs your answer... Letting 33 apps run in the back ground is a major battery killer. Turn them all off apart from the ones you rely on such as facebook and such.

Something is wrong with how the battery is being managed and I having apps run in the background should not kill a phone battery like that. I have a Lumia 920. And from work, the HTC One M8. All kinds of stuff run in the back on the M8, screen brightness is up, WWF, several email utilities, several apps have a weather component so that's going on. I run Waze for the hell of it back and forth to work and never plug it in to charge during my work day. I'll be sitting at about 73 percent battery when I get home. Granted its a much larger battery than the 920 but I carry it to keep up with alerts from WPCentral. Its battery when I get home (pre-cyan) would be just over 40 percent. It did nothing but background check for email.

I'm thinking I should not need to do this kind of granular app/battery maintenance if I want to leave the house with my smart phone. Its not something those outside the walls of WPCentral are going to be interested in doing either. I think if Apple can figure it out and HTC could figure it out, Microsoft should be able to figure out how people work and build with that spec in mind. Not put out press releases on how put my smart phone into flip phone mode. Who wants to be forever tethered to a power cable?

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

Just wondering how the colour of the phone (white / black) is related to battery life? Have they assembled different devices?

How much battery does Blueooth drain when it's on but no device is connected?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
re:

Just wondering how the colour of the phone (white / black) is related to battery life? Have they assembled different devices?

White color is easier to screw up -> less phone usage -> bigger battery life.
Black color will (almost) always be black -> more usage -> less battery life.

Simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb