Motherboard replacement

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys.

i need some information, i went to Nokia Care and they said need to replace motherboard on my L1520. What is the pros and cons if they replace motherboard on my Lumia 1520?. Can we call newborn of L1520? lol.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia care do a good job on the replacement, then there are no cons. The pro is that you have your phone working.

But if the motherboard is shot, then I'm wondering whether it's more cost effective just to give you a new phone and let the old one be thrown on the "to be refurbished" pile.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably get a used board, check the imei of the new one, it will be newer for sure, but it's not guaranteed it will be brand new

igorhk

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Nokia care changed my motherboard on my 1520 early august and i wish they hadn't. The phone came back with a weird bug, it was freezing/rebooting each time i was putting it inside my pocket and walk... It was probably either a bad mobo or they did not put it back correctly. i took it back to nokia care 24 hours after and they told me they would replace the mobo again and the casing as well. Now my phone has been sitting in nokia care for 3 weeks, they just called me today to let me know that it is ready so i will see tomorrow but i am not too optimistic...

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, i sent it in middle of August. Every time I call and ask about my phone, they said mobo out of stock and pending, have to wait mobo from factory. I went to Nokia Care 2 days before they said could get mobo on this week. Hopefully they get by this week, or in future i will never ever buy lumia device again because of poor service they providing to customer. I'm wondering, they could extend warranty since they keep it for long time. Previously i used IPhone and usb port is not working, i went to Apple care, within 4 days they replace with new. Apple doing very good service and care about customer not like Nokia, Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss