So as of recently I have been a little annoyed with Microsoft. I was annoyed because I just didn't think there was going to be a phone out in November for me to upgrade too. After going over what I thought was going to be released here soon, I was pretty surprised ATT announced the 830. While it is not a bad phone (I explained the phone to my wife and she wants it), its not the phone for me. So I went in ATT to pay my bill, and I took a look at the new green 1520, and I fell in love. This is the phone. The only thing now that could change my mind would be a refresh of the 1520, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
    psutherland likes this.
    09-11-2014 07:26 PM
    I'm in the same boat, I've looked at everything available and the 1520 seems like really the only option for me to upgrade to. I will miss Qi charging, and it will take some time to get used to the size, but overall it seems like a great phone. It also seems like the most likely phone on ATT (specs wise) to be able to upgrade to Windows Phone 9 (or whatever they decide to call it) since it is one of the few phones capable of Hey Cortana on the Lumia Denim update. I'm considering doing an ATT Next 12 plan though, just in case it can't get WP9, or I decide I don't like the size, or maybe some other unforeseen reason. That's just me though, obviously choose the plan that is best for you.
    09-11-2014 10:03 PM
    Great choice! I've been totally content with my 1520. It truly is a fantastic device. Coming from a 1020, I was worried about the camera... but all that has been squashed after seeing the pics that come from this 1520.
    09-11-2014 10:23 PM
    Welcome to 1520 country. LOVE that AT&T Green color BTW. Nice choice.

I'm on T-MoUS and went for the Factory Unlocked 1520.3 as we don't have a flagship on our carrier.

That big screen is eye popping at 367 ppi. Tweak the color profile and brightness profile and you will be in visual heaven. IPS makes a great display, especially when backed up by Nokia ClearBlack. A very warm screen without being over saturated.

​Enjoy and Congrats.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 09-13-2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: typo
    09-11-2014 11:43 PM
    The 1520 is a fantastic phone in every sense.

The only complaint I have is the measly 1.2mp front cam. Especially on a 6 inch 1080p screen, the grain and blurriness is terrible.
    In this selfie generation 1.2mp front cam just does not cut it.

Otherwise, superb phone.
    09-13-2014 05:25 AM
    Would never buy it direct from AT&T due to missing Qi.

Half of me wonders if it's time to leave AT&T...
    09-13-2014 04:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat, I've looked at everything available and the 1520 seems like really the only option for me to upgrade to. I will miss Qi charging, and it will take some time to get used to the size, but overall it seems like a great phone. It also seems like the most likely phone on ATT (specs wise) to be able to upgrade to Windows Phone 9 (or whatever they decide to call it) since it is one of the few phones capable of Hey Cortana on the Lumia Denim update. I'm considering doing an ATT Next 12 plan though, just in case it can't get WP9, or I decide I don't like the size, or maybe some other unforeseen reason. That's just me though, obviously choose the plan that is best for you.
    The 1520 does have Qi charging, and every current Windows device is expected to get Windows Phone 9. After what happened with the transition from 7 to 8, Microsoft would never risk not getting every possible device on board. Additionally why would they bother releasing new devices that can't get Windows 9? For that matter, why would they release the gateway update(8.1) if it wouldn't go anywhere.
    09-13-2014 04:53 PM
    I believe that's just the green, the missing Qi.
    09-13-2014 04:54 PM
    I believe that's just the green, the missing Qi.
    NO, any AT&T branded Lumia 1520 comes WITHOUT QI charging, AT&T is aligned with PMA charging.
    (FACTORY) Unlocked LUMIA 1520s come with QI charging built in.

I miss the wireless charging on my Lumia 1520, but ... it's still a GREAT device.
    09-13-2014 05:29 PM
    So as of recently I have been a little annoyed with Microsoft. I was annoyed because I just didn't think there was going to be a phone out in November for me to upgrade too. After going over what I thought was going to be released here soon, I was pretty surprised ATT announced the 830. While it is not a bad phone (I explained the phone to my wife and she wants it), its not the phone for me. So I went in ATT to pay my bill, and I took a look at the new green 1520, and I fell in love. This is the phone. The only thing now that could change my mind would be a refresh of the 1520, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
    Great choice; I had the same concern you have the line up MS just release is good but as I see it no in the same rank as the 930, Icon & 1520. Plus with Denim on the way those I just mention will be the real affordable flashing devices. By the way I just purchased factory unlocked, 32gb 1520 (black) I was looking for the yellow one but I couldn't resist the price.
    09-13-2014 05:45 PM
    In total agreement with you, the 1520 is a truly fabulous phone, and future proof for next updates /os.
    The 6" screen is terrific for playing games and viewing video's. Best choice I made...from upgrading from htc 8x
    09-14-2014 02:11 PM
    I finally have it. Was not expecting to get it because on att's website it said there was none in stock at my local store. Went in and turns out they had a red and a green. Naturally I went with the green. It is everything and more than I expected. I love it!
    10-04-2014 11:05 AM
    what about the scroll / tap isssue , where u scroll and the 1520 reads it as a tap !
    10-10-2014 05:48 AM
    I was worried about that too but not had it even once in 3 weeks since getting my 1520. The latest software updates must have cured it?
    10-10-2014 05:57 AM
    I was worried about that too but not had it even once in 3 weeks since getting my 1520. The latest software updates must have cured it?
    Maybe, but other posts hint that the different experiences could be from subtle differences in how the operator touches, scrolls, etc.. Not saying that's the whole story but is as good a possibility. One owner even said he can make the problem come and go based just on how much surface area a finger covers; a small area and swipes are taken as tap, a wider area and no problems.
    10-10-2014 09:28 AM