Random problem with heat, battery drain, "loading" screen

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me also for about 2 times already in a span of 2 weeks! Last episode just happened yesterday. I just soft reset the phone to fix the resuming and phone heating. What pisses me off is that both times the sdcard needed to be taken out of the phone and onto my laptop to get scanned and fixed, as the phone said I have a busted card and needed to be replaced after the phone scanned it upon soft reset. I thought it was an SDcard issue but chancing upon this thread could mean this is a software one. I'm using L1520.1 wp8.1/cyan no DP with 32g sandisk class 10

kais_4

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
As I mentioned in another forum; I had the exact same problem and solved it by uninstalling the 'Live Lock Screen BETA'. Even when the program was reportedly not running it caused my battery life to plummet and my phone to overheat.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
As I mentioned in another forum; I had the exact same problem and solved it by uninstalling the 'Live Lock Screen BETA'. Even when the program was reportedly not running it caused my battery life to plummet and my phone to overheat.
Good advice, I had the same issue. As also mentioned in other forums after unistalling the app you have to go under settings and turn kids corner back on to get rid of the problem completely (don't ask me why but it works probably overrides permissions or deactivates some of the app code left on the phone).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Good advice, I had the same issue. As also mentioned in other forums after unistalling the app you have to go under settings and turn kids corner back on to get rid of the problem completely (don't ask me why but it works probably overrides permissions or deactivates some of the app code left on the phone).

Yet neither of those work for some users. They are masking some symptom. I'm convinced it is tied to the new API for "back button" and some apps are still having background processes running if not closed all the way by accident from the users's app closing method. It also seems to go hand in hand with indexed files in storage (media, documents, etc.) from my experience.

I never had Live Lock Screen Beta and I had the "resuming" or "loading" screens. Activating and deactivating Kid's corner did not solve it.

Removing Cortana from the start screen worked, but also at the same time I was watching to be sure I always backed out of apps to close them. Then long press back to get to card view and tapping "X" button on any persistent apps (never swiping the app off screen). I haven't had an issue for quite some time and I cautiously added Cortana back to my start screen... Still no repeat of the problem.

Masking the symptoms is not a cure, nor is finding a root cause to avoid. But knowing how to avoid the problem sounds the better of the two (mask or avoid). Those with success by removing Live Lockscreen or enable/disable Kid's Corner or removing Cortana from Start... You may see your symptoms return. If you do, I would suspect the wrong app closed by the wrong method and bet dollars to donuts that app reads media indexing.

It won't be over until Microsoft puts out a bug patch.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed their 1520 getting super hot along the upper left section (when looking at the screen) of the phone. I've experienced warm phones before, but when I'm listening to Xbox Music while browsing through my collection, my phone gets super hot...way hotter than I've ever experienced. Also, scrolling through artists or songs starts to get somewhat choppy. Just curious if any of you are having issues while specifically using Xbox Music.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just notice that this overheat problem cause my touch screen going crazy. Jumping and scrolling automatically. Not responding when I touch the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb