Flaky Bluetooth

mstabes

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Have recently changed from a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. My new Lumia is great, except that it seems to have really flaky Bluetooth.
Connecting to the LG audio/hands-free system in my car is a breeze. But once connected some odd things begin to happen. Using the phone through the car hands-free system is a non-starter. The signal breaks down and re-establishes itself in rapid succession. Sounds as if I'm driving on a badly rutted road. And the audio is the same. Signal if often lost for a millisecond then re-established at which point the track has moved on 5 seconds! And weirdly, it's always worse when I manually move from one track to the next. The first 15-20 seconds of the new track jumps and skips around (largely inaudible) after which the it starts playing normally (with just the odd jump and drop in signal). Also, I find that if I press the pause button for a second or two and then un-pause, it sorts itself out. Very odd.
Running the latest firmware, have tried deleting and re-establishing the BT connection on both the phone and audio system on at least 5 occasions - no luck. And... I also tried streaming audio via BT to my Samsung notebook. Same thing - but not quite as bad as on the car LG system.
Crazy! And very irritating :unhappy: Anyone have any ideas? I see that my old Samsung phone supports the EDR spec in Bluetooth and the Lumia doesn't. Could that be the issue?

Mart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise