Exercising with the 1520

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, I'm considering the 1520, even with the new Notes and iPhones coming out soon. One concern I have is that I currently run with my phone in my shorts pocket. I like carrying my phone for music and fitness tracking.

Does anyone jog with their 1520? Figured out a solution to carrying a huge phone while running?

Thanks!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's time for the fanny pack! lol
I'm pretty sure you can find a large enough arm band for your 1520 on Amazon or eBay. Just don't get the ones that are for the Note or just generically say that they'll fit 6" phones. They don't fit. I've purchased the different ones from eBay....none fit my 1520.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will need an arm sportsband that accepts larger devices. The problem is that none are made specifically for the 1520. For wired headphones, your headphone port will either be blocked or the top is open (water ingress or possible fall out).

Consequently, would also recommend a sweatproof wireless Bluetooth headset/earbuds with a microphone.

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Isn't just carrying the 1520 a workout in and of itself? I get arm cramps just holding the thing up when I'm watching something on YouTube.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
get a small waist pouch, put 1520 inside and strap around your waist. But be warned, the pouch will be bouncing up and down due to the 1520 weight. :excited:

Tigerinc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Someone needs a Misfit bracelet. :confused:

It could be done. You'll need a pocket with a zipper on it. The phone is quite thin, so it is possible. I have seen the arm bands with other phablets at the gym. Unless you are tiny, then it might look odd.

Half the people at the gym are on their phone all the time anyways!

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 1520 in yellow yesterday. Looking forward to receiving it. I don't do yoga, but maybe I'll take it up once I get the phone ;-)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys i am a dancer
(Hip hop mainly but i do have ballet/lyrical)

I dance with this phone in my pocket(It's usually my radio) and do a lot of spins, slides, flips and jumps...it's perfectly fine.

I also have done my morning run with my 1520. It is not that bad at all :D
Keep this in mine

1. I wear skinny jeans and baggy jeans

2. I ocassionally wear shorts

3. Sweatpants

1520 is perfectly fine :D

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an armband for running with BT earphones, before that i was using an armband too with my 925 and i don't feel a great diference using it with an armband, even considering the huge screen of the 1520.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss