Dropped 1520

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've been using my phone naked for a little while now but today I dropped it. It slid off the cable at Starbucks by accident. I was so worried until I discovered it was just fine. Barely a scratch. Now I know how tough this thing is.

Anybody else have a drop story? Did your phone survive?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Nokia has always built supremely solid devices with amazing build quality. Although the screen could be a lot nicer(not the display that's breathtaking but the glass), the 1520 is an extremely sturdy device.

Anidexlu Maga

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 928 multiple times (more than 5) in the concrete. Last time it fell into a puddle. Three corners are chopped, but everything else is intact. Amazing to me.

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site
When I got my 920 from the post office I was so excited that I've dropped it while driving! It was fine just a little scratch on the side.

Now I'm with 1520 but its feel less powerful. The 920 was like an army phone 😊

yoitsbenvo

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Drop my Lumia about 10 times at the gym on the floor haha. Cracked the camera glass, broke the MIC, but I got the warranty, replace it within a week. 😁

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's the power of Nokia. It saves peoples life from bullets, it works even when its crushed under a 23 ton truck. It also works after 2 months of a swim

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely happy that your phone didn't receive much damage, I had a pretty terrible experience once.

I used to own a Sony Xperia S, dropped it several times and each time the sides or something got chipped. In total I dropped it thrice, the last time was on February 2013, I was playing badminton when I dropped my phone.

Initially the phone worked completely fine, no scratches or anything but as soon as I got home, it was completely dead and never got fixed. A good $400 wasted sadly.

I've since realized that Sony products aren't the most durable, I even own a laptop made by Sony and though I've never dropped it it has cracks on the back hinges.

Nokia has a history of durable phones but that does not in any way mean that the new Lumia range is just as durable, my Lumia 520 got quite a lot of scruffs near the sides and two of my friends broke their Lumia 720 and 920.

My honest advice to you would be, get a cover or you'll provably regret it a few drops later.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, some incredibly lucky folks in this thread... I've managed to shatter the screens on a 920 (dropped from a seated position onto a hard ceramic tile floor), and TWO 1020s (both were dropped on concrete).
Yes, these Nokia Lumia phones are durable, but please understand that if dropped just right, the glass WILL shatter! I was lucky enough to have all mine replaced with insurance claims, and now have a 1520 and have a good heavy duty case on it.
I repeat; if you drop your phone, and it lands just right, the glass will break!

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow, some incredibly lucky folks in this thread... I've managed to shatter the screens on a 920 (dropped from a seated position onto a hard ceramic tile floor), and TWO 1020s (both were dropped on concrete).
Yes, these Nokia Lumia phones are durable, but please understand that if dropped just right, the glass WILL shatter! I was lucky enough to have all mine replaced with insurance claims, and now have a 1520 and have a good heavy duty case on it.
I repeat; if you drop your phone, and it lands just right, the glass will break!

But there is no fixed position for dropping a phone. My phone fell on a pointed stone, just scratch on my screen guard that's it. I don't say all phones are durable, but if you buy a Nokia phone, there are least chances that it'll break. No one would want their phone to break.
take good care of your phones, buy a good cover that'll protect your phone.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
When I got my 920 from the post office I was so excited that I've dropped it while driving! It was fine just a little scratch on the side.

Now I'm with 1520 but its feel less powerful. The 920 was like an army phone 😊

You're so right. The 920 was a beast of a phone. Maybe the best Nokia ever made. I'm living my 1520 though and can't see music getting rid of it.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I know...and I have a case. I just prefer the makes feel of that phone. But I great you...i won't be feeling that way once it's broken. Hence I have the case on right now as I type 😁

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm living my 1520 though and can't see music getting rid of it.

I'm just trying to figure out what this sentence means lol *scratches head*

(Forgive me, as I understand that English isn't the primary language by many on this site... that post just struck me as funny.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99