09-29-2014 11:36 AM
80 1234
tools
    The 1520 is the greatest phone of all time :)
    Timbre70 and S Vaibhav like this.
    09-23-2014 10:58 PM
    The 1520 is the greatest phone of all time :)
    Yes, currently it is. For some people 1520 is too big, so 930 would be an ideal one for them
    Karthik Naik and S Vaibhav like this.
    09-23-2014 11:17 PM
    Yes, its unnecessary to refer to the phones out of the jurisdiction of what OP wants. But no one is hateful about it. Salmanahmad in every thread bashes WP, always, in every thread. Myself & Karthik Naik know that. The title of the thread is quite clear enough that OP wants a phone between 930&1520, so why are people here giving him other options, is it necessary? Even If it is there's something known as 'private messaging' in forums. We should try to stick to the topic of the thread. Even I love iOS, but that doesn't mean I give OP options to consider iPhone 5s/6/6+. If someone just wants to compare Android phones with WP then we all are free to make a new thread. Aren't we?
    Wait wait...if it's unnecessary to recommend phones other than 930 and 1520 , why did you agree with a person on page 4 when he said that the OP should consider a Lumia 1320? I don't understand that when a guy recommended a "Windows Phone" other than the 930 and 1520 you we're fine with it, infact both of you actually said it was a good option to consider.

I may have been biased in some threads, I'm willing to admit that, but argue with me on those threads because clearly both of you said the 1320 was a good option to consider, Karthik went as far as to insult Android in the process of recommending the device.

The OP said that he considered a 5 inch device possibly too small and 6 could be a bit bigger, so I just told him to consider a 5.5 inch device and so far Windows Phone doesn't have one. But I just gave a small suggestion, unlike Karthik I didn't insult Windows Phone while suggesting a few more phones to the OP.

In this thread, both of *YOU* have recommended a product that the OP didn't even mention, I just mentioned it.

Go over your mistakes before blaming others.

get over it
    you are in wpcentral not androidcentral
    What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean that no on WPCentral is capable of being fair? And I should expect hate for iOS and Android?

Congratulations, you convinced me.
    09-24-2014 06:53 AM
    Wait wait...if it's unnecessary to recommend phones other than 930 and 1520 , why did you agree with a person on page 4 when he said that the OP should consider a Lumia 1320? I don't understand that when a guy recommended a "Windows Phone" other than the 930 and 1520 you we're fine with it, infact both of you actually said it was a good option to consider.

I may have been biased in some threads, I'm willing to admit that, but argue with me on those threads because clearly both of you said the 1320 was a good option to consider, Karthik went as far as to insult Android in the process of recommending the device.

The OP said that he considered a 5 inch device possibly too small and 6 could be a bit bigger, so I just told him to consider a 5.5 inch device and so far Windows Phone doesn't have one. But I just gave a small suggestion, unlike Karthik I didn't insult Windows Phone while suggesting a few more phones to the OP.

In this thread, both of *YOU* have recommended a product that the OP didn't even mention, I just mentioned it.

What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean that no on WPCentral is capable of being fair? And I should expect hate for iOS and Android?

Clearly, if the OP wanted a phone with a screen between 6 and 5 inches running anything other than WP, he would not have posted here at WPCentral. Since he has posted at a Windows phone forum, he CLEARLY INTENDS TO BUY A WP. So why suggest him any other OS when he had already decided that he wants a WP? Stop behaving like a troll, use some common sense please.
    Karthik Naik and ronaldme like this.
    09-24-2014 07:07 AM
    he should definitely buy note 4.
    09-24-2014 07:09 AM
    he should definitely buy note 4.
    Please read the ops statement. He has decided between a 1520 and 930 already. He has decided to get a WP, and is sick of Android, so why suggest him Android again?. Waste of time. Dunno why you Android trolls keep coming here in WPC.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:18 AM
    Please read the ops statement. He has decided between a 1520 and 930 already. He has decided to get a WP, and is sick of Android, so why suggest him Android again?. Waste of time. Dunno why you Android trolls keep coming here in WPC.
    Yeah, they just won't understand
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:23 AM
    Clearly, if the OP wanted a phone with a screen between 6 and 5 inches running anything other than WP, he would not have posted here at WPCentral. Since he has posted at a Windows phone forum, he CLEARLY INTENDS TO BUY A WP. So why suggest him any other OS when he had already decided that he wants a WP? Stop behaving like a troll, use some common sense please.
    Considering that the 5.5 inch devices like the iPhone 6 Plus and OnePlusOne are a bit less known to consumers, I just found it worthy to mention them.

Is that really so wrong? I didn't even insult Windows Phone, I told him reasons to get a 930 or reasons to get a 1520...couldn't I just give him one small suggestion?

I mean when I suggested iPhone or Android, I didn't go onto insulting Windows Phone I just thought it would be useful to OP.

Again, I'm not forcing him to buy it.
    09-24-2014 07:28 AM

Talk all you want, a 1320 user just told that its a good phone, i agreed because even I use the same phone. I never said that OP should buy one. Even that 1320 user told that its a good phone for the money.
    As OP can afford 1520, which is twice the price of 1320, so why would I or any other person recommend 1320? You don't even get the basics of what we talk here right? YOU NEVER GET MY POINT IN ANY THREAD(YOU JUST ASSUME ANYTHING THAT I'VE NEVER SAID) & JUST TALK OF ANYTHING THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND...
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:34 AM
    Whoa this thread is out of control. In case anyone missed it, the op already made his choice. Like 4 pages ago. This whole conversation is all moot now anyway.
    Karthik Naik and flapadlr like this.
    09-24-2014 10:19 AM
    Talk all you want, a 1320 user just told that its a good phone, i agreed because even I use the same phone. I never said that OP should buy one. Even that 1320 user told that its a good phone for the money.
    As OP can afford 1520, which is twice the price of 1320, so why would I or any other person recommend 1320? You don't even get the basics of what we talk here right? YOU NEVER GET MY POINT IN ANY THREAD(YOU JUST ASSUME ANYTHING THAT I'VE NEVER SAID) & JUST TALK OF ANYTHING THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND...
    The person clearly recommended the Lumia 1320, if you agreed with him it meant that you did recommend a phone other than the 1520 and 930.

Moving on, you have had no problem with Karthik unnecessarily bashing Android, but have had a problem with me just mentioning an Android and iPhone. It truly speaks wonders of how balanced you are.

Lastly the OP said that he viewed the web quite a bit, web viewing is best when the text is sharp, do you know how low of a PPI the 1320 has? I mean if iPhone and Android can't simply even be mentioned in the thread, NEITHER CAN A 1320.

Anyways, OP made his decision and it's pointless arguing with you.

Have fun with your new phone OP, be it a Lumia 930 or 1520, they're both great.
    09-24-2014 10:33 AM
    Between the two, I'd have to pick the 930. I just can't look past the size of the 1520. Also, the 1520 doesn't have Qi wireless charging on AT&T.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:41 AM
    The person clearly recommended the Lumia 1320, if you agreed with him it meant that you did recommend a phone other than the 1520 and 930.

Moving on, you have had no problem with Karthik unnecessarily bashing Android, but have had a problem with me just mentioning an Android and iPhone. It truly speaks wonders of how balanced you are.

Lastly the OP said that he viewed the web quite a bit, web viewing is best when the text is sharp, do you know how low of a PPI the 1320 has? I mean if iPhone and Android can't simply even be mentioned in the thread, NEITHER CAN A 1320.
    The user was quite happy with 1320, so he just wondered how much good 1520 be. I've already said op has the budget to buy a 1520(a high end phone), then why would he go for 1320(a mid ranged phone, half of the price of 1520). I am telling this again I never recommend 1320 to OP, so stop assuming anything about me. If you think that 1320 user recommend 1320, go argue with him, not me, as usual arguing with you is always pointless. Talking about ppi, do you even know how much crystal clear is 1320, my friends using iPhone 5/5s like my phones display more. I can hardly make out any difference between 1520 & my phones clarity. Both seem clear. & I am very sorry for you that the OP decided to go for a wp, rather than your Android options.
    Karthik Naik and S Vaibhav like this.
    09-24-2014 11:11 AM
    Between the two, I'd have to pick the 930. I just can't look past the size of the 1520. Also, the 1520 doesn't have Qi wireless charging on AT&T.
    Yeah, size matters for some of them. Both are good options
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:14 AM

Anyways, OP made his decision and it's pointless arguing with you.

Have fun with your new phone OP, be it a Lumia 930 or 1520, they're both great.
    the difference is you bash everything except android,we bash whatever and whenever necessary irrespective of OS
    we give credit where due
    op said no android phones,does 1320 seem like android to you??
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-24-2014 11:47 AM
    The user was quite happy with 1320, so he just wondered how much good 1520 be. I've already said op has the budget to buy a 1520(a high end phone), then why would he go for 1320(a mid ranged phone, half of the price of 1520). I am telling this again I never recommend 1320 to OP, so stop assuming anything about me. If you think that 1320 user recommend 1320, go argue with him, not me, as usual arguing with you is always pointless. Talking about ppi, do you even know how much crystal clear is 1320, my friends using iPhone 5/5s like my phones display more. I can hardly make out any difference between 1520 & my phones clarity. Both seem clear. & I am very sorry for you that the OP decided to go for a wp, rather than your Android options.
    I don't care if your friends think your 1320 has a better display, PPI is part of what makes a display good not all of it. But it's especially important for reading text on the web and looking at images on the web.

I never even wanted to argue until you dragged me in and said that I bashed Windows Phone.

I never wanted him to go for android 100%, I just recommended him two 5.5 inch options, not just Android but also iPhone 5S.

If there was a 5.5 inch Windows Phone I would've mentioned it as well, because IMO 5.5 inch would be a nice balance for the OP.

the difference is you bash everything except android,we bash whatever and whenever necessary irrespective of OS
    we give credit where due
    op said no android phones,does 1320 seem like android to you??
    Was bashing Android necessary here? And you just admitted that you bash everything...

OP didn't say no Android phones, and my main recommendation was to get a 930 I just mentioned two 5.5 inch devices.

1320 isn't Android but it also isn't relevant for someone who uses the web a lot, the low PPI is a dealbreaker.

But OP made his decision already, doesn't matter anymore.
    09-24-2014 01:53 PM
    wow you really cannot accept when wrong can you
    read the original post then comment
    i mean even psoham777 apologised when he made an error about the android-jailbreak confusion etc
    Last edited by Karthik Naik; 09-24-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    09-24-2014 02:01 PM
    Jeez guys, so much fight about what I want and what I do not want :P

But to clarify, I did write in my original thread that I'm tired of Android, and that I'm ditching my Note 3 because of it. I never wrote anything about iOS but that's because I think it's not even worth mentioning.
    Also, while I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, it was a choice between 1520 and 930, nothing else.
    Besides, it took some time for this thread to be approved, by the time it was up I had my 1520 sent to me - which I still have not received >=(
    09-24-2014 02:51 PM
    I don't care if your friends think your 1320 has a better display, PPI is part of what makes a display good not all of it. But it's especially important for reading text on the web and looking at images on the web.

I never even wanted to argue until you dragged me in and said that I bashed Windows Phone.

I never wanted him to go for android 100%, I just recommended him two 5.5 inch options, not just Android but also iPhone 5S.

If there was a 5.5 inch Windows Phone I would've mentioned it as well, because IMO 5.5 inch would be a nice balance for the OP.

Was bashing Android necessary here? And you just admitted that you bash everything...

OP didn't say no Android phones, and my main recommendation was to get a 930 I just mentioned two 5.5 inch devices.

1320 isn't Android but it also isn't relevant for someone who uses the web a lot, the low PPI is a dealbreaker.

But OP made his decision already, doesn't matter anymore.
    1320 has 720p display, a lot better than most of android phones. So i don't care what you think of 1320. Its you who glamorize about android in every thread(so to open your eyes & focus on the topic of the thread its necessary to bash android) There's no point taking this discussion any further because op has made a choice to buy a WP, not an Android(he didn't consider your android options, sorry for that)
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:07 PM
    Jeez guys, so much fight about what I want and what I do not want :P

But to clarify, I did write in my original thread that I'm tired of Android, and that I'm ditching my Note 3 because of it. I never wrote anything about iOS but that's because I think it's not even worth mentioning.
    Also, while I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, it was a choice between 1520 and 930, nothing else.
    Besides, it took some time for this thread to be approved, by the time it was up I had my 1520 sent to me - which I still have not received >=(
    What I assumed you meant was that you we're tired of Android on the Note 3, now the Note 3 does run a skin on top of Android called TouchWiz which is a love or hate experience.

Is it really such a big crime to mention two 5.5 inch devices other than Windows Phone? I mean I didn't force you to do it, nor did I make fun of you for buying a 1520.

I hope you do receive your 1520 soon.

1320 has 720p display, a lot better than most of android phones. So i don't care what you think of 1320. Its you who glamorize about android in every thread(so to open your eyes & focus on the topic of the thread its necessary to bash android) There's no point taking this discussion any further because op has made a choice to buy a WP, not an Android(he didn't consider your android options, sorry for that)
    Argument wasn't to compare Android to Windows Phone, but since you brought resolution into it, I'll correct one of your biggest mistakes.

Just because 720p is half HD, does not make it a good display, it depends on the screen size! If a 720p display is on a device with under a 5 inch screen and is close to 300 PPI then it's pretty good for web viewing as text will be relatively sharp.

Since Nokia slapped a 720p display onto a 6 inch screen the PPI of the 1320 is low, very low in fact.

I don't see the point of bringing Android in here, especially considering that you can get higher resolution Android devices for the same price as a lower res Windows Phone.

Resolution, screen size and PPI are directly related, 1320 doesn't even come close to a 1520 or 930 when it comes to web viewing and text reading.

If he bought a 1520, I have no problems with it at all. He can do whatever he wants with his money, I just merely gave him a suggestion of a 5.5 inch device.
    09-25-2014 06:56 AM
    man you really need to accept facts and move on
    i dont think you have even used a 1320,you'd know how vibrant its display is
    as for your high resolution android arguement,it comes with lag,repetitive design and poor optimisation and battery life
    you dragged android into this,not us
    as for touchwiz,every android device can lag
    your biggest mistake is that you accept stuff you read online and believe in "higher is better"
    09-25-2014 07:03 AM
    The 930 is a beautiful piece of kit, great build quality, great speed, great features, great phone.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-28-2014 08:44 AM
    If you want the very best....then its the 1520
    09-28-2014 06:04 PM
    Threads like this are why I LOVE the interwebz!!
    Live2Deliver likes this.
    09-28-2014 07:40 PM
    Definitely get the 1520, its the best phone I've ever owned by far!
    09-28-2014 11:25 PM
80 1234