Ditching my Note 3. 1520 or 930?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Talk all you want, a 1320 user just told that its a good phone, i agreed because even I use the same phone. I never said that OP should buy one. Even that 1320 user told that its a good phone for the money.
As OP can afford 1520, which is twice the price of 1320, so why would I or any other person recommend 1320? You don't even get the basics of what we talk here right? YOU NEVER GET MY POINT IN ANY THREAD(YOU JUST ASSUME ANYTHING THAT I'VE NEVER SAID) & JUST TALK OF ANYTHING THAT COMES TO YOUR MIND...

The person clearly recommended the Lumia 1320, if you agreed with him it meant that you did recommend a phone other than the 1520 and 930.

Moving on, you have had no problem with Karthik unnecessarily bashing Android, but have had a problem with me just mentioning an Android and iPhone. It truly speaks wonders of how balanced you are.

Lastly the OP said that he viewed the web quite a bit, web viewing is best when the text is sharp, do you know how low of a PPI the 1320 has? I mean if iPhone and Android can't simply even be mentioned in the thread, NEITHER CAN A 1320.

Anyways, OP made his decision and it's pointless arguing with you.

Have fun with your new phone OP, be it a Lumia 930 or 1520, they're both great.

Wagan8r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Between the two, I'd have to pick the 930. I just can't look past the size of the 1520. Also, the 1520 doesn't have Qi wireless charging on AT&T.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The person clearly recommended the Lumia 1320, if you agreed with him it meant that you did recommend a phone other than the 1520 and 930.

Moving on, you have had no problem with Karthik unnecessarily bashing Android, but have had a problem with me just mentioning an Android and iPhone. It truly speaks wonders of how balanced you are.

Lastly the OP said that he viewed the web quite a bit, web viewing is best when the text is sharp, do you know how low of a PPI the 1320 has? I mean if iPhone and Android can't simply even be mentioned in the thread, NEITHER CAN A 1320.

The user was quite happy with 1320, so he just wondered how much good 1520 be. I've already said op has the budget to buy a 1520(a high end phone), then why would he go for 1320(a mid ranged phone, half of the price of 1520). I am telling this again I never recommend 1320 to OP, so stop assuming anything about me. If you think that 1320 user recommend 1320, go argue with him, not me, as usual arguing with you is always pointless. Talking about ppi, do you even know how much crystal clear is 1320, my friends using iPhone 5/5s like my phones display more. I can hardly make out any difference between 1520 & my phones clarity. Both seem clear. & I am very sorry for you that the OP decided to go for a wp, rather than your Android options.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Anyways, OP made his decision and it's pointless arguing with you.

Have fun with your new phone OP, be it a Lumia 930 or 1520, they're both great.

the difference is you bash everything except android,we bash whatever and whenever necessary irrespective of OS
we give credit where due
op said no android phones,does 1320 seem like android to you??

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The user was quite happy with 1320, so he just wondered how much good 1520 be. I've already said op has the budget to buy a 1520(a high end phone), then why would he go for 1320(a mid ranged phone, half of the price of 1520). I am telling this again I never recommend 1320 to OP, so stop assuming anything about me. If you think that 1320 user recommend 1320, go argue with him, not me, as usual arguing with you is always pointless. Talking about ppi, do you even know how much crystal clear is 1320, my friends using iPhone 5/5s like my phones display more. I can hardly make out any difference between 1520 & my phones clarity. Both seem clear. & I am very sorry for you that the OP decided to go for a wp, rather than your Android options.

I don't care if your friends think your 1320 has a better display, PPI is part of what makes a display good not all of it. But it's especially important for reading text on the web and looking at images on the web.

I never even wanted to argue until you dragged me in and said that I bashed Windows Phone.

I never wanted him to go for android 100%, I just recommended him two 5.5 inch options, not just Android but also iPhone 5S.

If there was a 5.5 inch Windows Phone I would've mentioned it as well, because IMO 5.5 inch would be a nice balance for the OP.

the difference is you bash everything except android,we bash whatever and whenever necessary irrespective of OS
we give credit where due
op said no android phones,does 1320 seem like android to you??

Was bashing Android necessary here? And you just admitted that you bash everything...

OP didn't say no Android phones, and my main recommendation was to get a 930 I just mentioned two 5.5 inch devices.

1320 isn't Android but it also isn't relevant for someone who uses the web a lot, the low PPI is a dealbreaker.

But OP made his decision already, doesn't matter anymore.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
wow you really cannot accept when wrong can you
read the original post then comment
i mean even psoham777 apologised when he made an error about the android-jailbreak confusion etc

Last edited:

Nebel

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Jeez guys, so much fight about what I want and what I do not want :p

But to clarify, I did write in my original thread that I'm tired of Android, and that I'm ditching my Note 3 because of it. I never wrote anything about iOS but that's because I think it's not even worth mentioning.
Also, while I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, it was a choice between 1520 and 930, nothing else.
Besides, it took some time for this thread to be approved, by the time it was up I had my 1520 sent to me - which I still have not received >=(

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't care if your friends think your 1320 has a better display, PPI is part of what makes a display good not all of it. But it's especially important for reading text on the web and looking at images on the web.

I never even wanted to argue until you dragged me in and said that I bashed Windows Phone.

I never wanted him to go for android 100%, I just recommended him two 5.5 inch options, not just Android but also iPhone 5S.

If there was a 5.5 inch Windows Phone I would've mentioned it as well, because IMO 5.5 inch would be a nice balance for the OP.

Was bashing Android necessary here? And you just admitted that you bash everything...

OP didn't say no Android phones, and my main recommendation was to get a 930 I just mentioned two 5.5 inch devices.

1320 isn't Android but it also isn't relevant for someone who uses the web a lot, the low PPI is a dealbreaker.

But OP made his decision already, doesn't matter anymore.

1320 has 720p display, a lot better than most of android phones. So i don't care what you think of 1320. Its you who glamorize about android in every thread(so to open your eyes & focus on the topic of the thread its necessary to bash android) There's no point taking this discussion any further because op has made a choice to buy a WP, not an Android(he didn't consider your android options, sorry for that)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Jeez guys, so much fight about what I want and what I do not want :p

But to clarify, I did write in my original thread that I'm tired of Android, and that I'm ditching my Note 3 because of it. I never wrote anything about iOS but that's because I think it's not even worth mentioning.
Also, while I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, it was a choice between 1520 and 930, nothing else.
Besides, it took some time for this thread to be approved, by the time it was up I had my 1520 sent to me - which I still have not received >=(

What I assumed you meant was that you we're tired of Android on the Note 3, now the Note 3 does run a skin on top of Android called TouchWiz which is a love or hate experience.

Is it really such a big crime to mention two 5.5 inch devices other than Windows Phone? I mean I didn't force you to do it, nor did I make fun of you for buying a 1520.

I hope you do receive your 1520 soon.

1320 has 720p display, a lot better than most of android phones. So i don't care what you think of 1320. Its you who glamorize about android in every thread(so to open your eyes & focus on the topic of the thread its necessary to bash android) There's no point taking this discussion any further because op has made a choice to buy a WP, not an Android(he didn't consider your android options, sorry for that)

Argument wasn't to compare Android to Windows Phone, but since you brought resolution into it, I'll correct one of your biggest mistakes.

Just because 720p is half HD, does not make it a good display, it depends on the screen size! If a 720p display is on a device with under a 5 inch screen and is close to 300 PPI then it's pretty good for web viewing as text will be relatively sharp.

Since Nokia slapped a 720p display onto a 6 inch screen the PPI of the 1320 is low, very low in fact.

I don't see the point of bringing Android in here, especially considering that you can get higher resolution Android devices for the same price as a lower res Windows Phone.

Resolution, screen size and PPI are directly related, 1320 doesn't even come close to a 1520 or 930 when it comes to web viewing and text reading.

If he bought a 1520, I have no problems with it at all. He can do whatever he wants with his money, I just merely gave him a suggestion of a 5.5 inch device.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
man you really need to accept facts and move on
i dont think you have even used a 1320,you'd know how vibrant its display is
as for your high resolution android arguement,it comes with lag,repetitive design and poor optimisation and battery life
you dragged android into this,not us
as for touchwiz,every android device can lag
your biggest mistake is that you accept stuff you read online and believe in "higher is better"

SeattleSeahawks

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 1520 for about 3 months now and this phone impresses me every single day. At first the size was weird but after a couple days you will not want anything smaller than this, I've had the 521, 925, and now the 1520.

Nebel

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So, I've had my 1520 since Friday, and I'm impressed by the design! It makes my Note 3 look like a budget phone. However, I miss Swiftkey and Poweramp badly. Especially Swiftkey. It's hard getting used to Microsoft keyboard even though I have been using a Windows 8 tablet for almost 2 years. Is there anything like Swiftkey/Poweramp in Windows store?
Still, no regret here! I'm loving it! It's so shiny and beautiful! I found my phone manufacturer :)
I just need Windows to become a bit more customizable with more apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)