Weird 1520 problem

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you try changing screen sensitivity from High to Normal?? its in Settings to bottom of list "Touch" ... this happens to me until i change that settings... its getting too much touch activities even from side of phone where you handle it when its on high.

Btw... when you do factory reset or restore... that Touch settings defaults sensitivity to "High" ..

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you try changing screen sensitivity from High to Normal?? its in Settings to bottom of list "Touch" ... this happens to me until i change that settings... its getting too much touch activities even from side of phone where you handle it when its on high.

Btw... when you do factory reset or restore... that Touch settings defaults sensitivity to "High" ..

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with screen sensitivity.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have another thread on this issue. Turning off Glance does not fix the problem but did seem to make it less frequent. Other models besides the 1520 are also reporting this behavior. The digitizer locks up and then gets a mind of it's own, sometimes launching Cortana.

I applied the update for the developer preview last night and hope this fixes the problem.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have another thread on this issue. Turning off Glance does not fix the problem but did seem to make it less frequent. Other models besides the 1520 are also reporting this behavior. The digitizer locks up and then gets a mind of it's own, sometimes launching Cortana.

I applied the update for the developer preview last night and hope this fixes the problem.

Applying pressure to the screen on my phone made it do it 100% of the time. But what's weird is it would do it even if I didn't do anything to the screen.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The update didn't fix the problem. It is still happening

I also can't make it happen by applying any pressure. Tried a few times in many places. Usually doing nothing is what seems to trigger it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I highly suggest replacing while still under warranty.

Possibly, but if I go to the service center I'm 100% sure it won't happen. I wouldn't mind a new device, I have a slight scratch on my screen but I still think it's software related.

Is anyone else that is experiencing the problem on the dev preview?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Possibly, but if I go to the service center I'm 100% sure it won't happen. I wouldn't mind a new device, I have a slight scratch on my screen but I still think it's software related.

Is anyone else that is experiencing the problem on the dev preview?

I took several videos of what was happening with me to show the Microsoft store when I went.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss