04-15-2016 05:33 PM
29 12
tools
    For about a week or so now I've been having issues with my 1520. At random times the screen will start shaking as if it's trying to scroll two directions and it will sometimes randomly click things on the screen. It pulls up Cortana alot and the capacitive buttons will stop responding all together. It only stops when I press the power button to turn off the screen but it just randomly starts later. I've tried a soft reset and that did nothing. Anyone have this issue before and have any idea what is causing this?
    09-22-2014 10:19 PM
    Maybe your screen is dirty. Try cleaning it first.
    09-22-2014 10:53 PM
    Its a hardware problem. I have the same issue. It makes the phone unresponsive. U have to send it for repair to fix it.
    09-23-2014 03:57 AM
    You mean like in these videos?: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2761889

Afraid its history.
    09-23-2014 04:41 AM
    YES YES YES!!! This is exactly what it's doing. Is this a common problem? It never did it until now.
    09-30-2014 10:42 PM
    YES YES YES!!! This is exactly what it's doing. Is this a common problem? It never did it until now.
    I never heard of any before mine. But someone posted a poll about a similar problem which may or may not have been related to bending the phone since some said it came and went when they put pressure on certain parts of the phone.
    10-01-2014 10:06 AM
    Its a hardware problem. I have the same issue. It makes the phone unresponsive. U have to send it for repair to fix it.
    Did you send yours for repair? Was the problem fixed?
    10-01-2014 11:18 PM
    Sometimes it happens over and over and other times it doesn't happen at all. Weird thing.
    10-02-2014 12:02 AM
    I haven't sent it for repair yet. Iam waiting for a model which is free from this issue so i can get it replaced. Also i have yet to try hard reset, which solved the problem for some users.
    10-02-2014 03:38 AM
    I haven't sent it for repair yet. Iam waiting for a model which is free from this issue so i can get it replaced. Also i have yet to try hard reset, which solved the problem for some users.
    Hard reset did nothing for mine. Neither did NRT. I bought mine from B&H 5 weeks before the problem started. I showed them a video of it and ordered a replacement with a refund for the original when it got back to them. New one's fine so far (just a few weeks now) and the refund went smooth.
    10-02-2014 08:44 AM
    Hard reset did nothing for mine. Neither did NRT. I bought mine from B&H 5 weeks before the problem started. I showed them a video of it and ordered a replacement with a refund for the original when it got back to them. New one's fine so far (just a few weeks now) and the refund went smooth.
    You used a different phone to record it?
    10-02-2014 06:41 PM
    You used a different phone to record it?
    No, it was done with mirrors. Just kidding. I videoed it with my wife's 925 or our spare 635 (don't recall which).
    10-03-2014 08:27 AM
    applied any screen protector? some really causing this problem.
    10-03-2014 09:57 AM
    Don't know who you are asking. But I have never used a screen protector on any phone.
    10-03-2014 10:10 AM
    I had a screen protector on mine for about a week before it got annoying lol.
    10-03-2014 09:43 PM
    After putting up with this issue for a few more weeks I finally caved in and got a new phone. Hopefully this replacement will fair better. It seems that the issue was due to the screen flexing but that's just a guess.
    10-18-2014 03:47 AM
    After putting up with this issue for a few more weeks I finally caved in and got a new phone. Hopefully this replacement will fair better. It seems that the issue was due to the screen flexing but that's just a guess.
    That's is a common guess and I don't question that it could be a cause but mine was never flexed and developed this problem to an extreme instantly and permanently at the end of running a benchmark program. So in my case at least, it suggests that some marginal component overheating is most likely the cause. I originally thought it might be some kind of malware because the benchmark app started running immediately after a soft reset! Now I think it was just luck since one of the symptoms of this problem is any program could get selected and started from the random imagined inputs.
    10-18-2014 08:31 AM
    YMMV, but after disabling glance screen, my 1520 has not experienced this issue. (been six days now)
    10-18-2014 08:13 PM
    That's is a common guess and I don't question that it could be a cause but mine was never flexed and developed this problem to an extreme instantly and permanently at the end of running a benchmark program. So in my case at least, it suggests that some marginal component overheating is most likely the cause. I originally thought it might be some kind of malware because the benchmark app started running immediately after a soft reset! Now I think it was just luck since one of the symptoms of this problem is any program could get selected and started from the random imagined inputs.
    I only say that because I could purposely make it do the problem by applying pressure the screen. It was doing it by itself even when I didn't apply pressure though.
    10-19-2014 08:55 AM
    YMMV, but after disabling glance screen, my 1520 has not experienced this issue. (been six days now)
    I never used glance before (I think it's a stupid feature) and I still had the problem. Hopefully it fixes the issue for you.
    10-19-2014 08:56 AM
    Have any of you try changing screen sensitivity from High to Normal?? its in Settings to bottom of list "Touch" ... this happens to me until i change that settings... its getting too much touch activities even from side of phone where you handle it when its on high.

Btw... when you do factory reset or restore... that Touch settings defaults sensitivity to "High" ..
    10-19-2014 11:50 PM
    Have any of you try changing screen sensitivity from High to Normal?? its in Settings to bottom of list "Touch" ... this happens to me until i change that settings... its getting too much touch activities even from side of phone where you handle it when its on high.

Btw... when you do factory reset or restore... that Touch settings defaults sensitivity to "High" ..
    This issue has absolutely nothing to do with screen sensitivity.
    10-24-2014 07:46 AM
    I have another thread on this issue. Turning off Glance does not fix the problem but did seem to make it less frequent. Other models besides the 1520 are also reporting this behavior. The digitizer locks up and then gets a mind of it's own, sometimes launching Cortana.

I applied the update for the developer preview last night and hope this fixes the problem.
    10-24-2014 10:30 AM
    I have another thread on this issue. Turning off Glance does not fix the problem but did seem to make it less frequent. Other models besides the 1520 are also reporting this behavior. The digitizer locks up and then gets a mind of it's own, sometimes launching Cortana.

I applied the update for the developer preview last night and hope this fixes the problem.
    Applying pressure to the screen on my phone made it do it 100% of the time. But what's weird is it would do it even if I didn't do anything to the screen.
    10-24-2014 06:11 PM
    The update didn't fix the problem. It is still happening

I also can't make it happen by applying any pressure. Tried a few times in many places. Usually doing nothing is what seems to trigger it.
    10-26-2014 04:33 PM
29 12