Lumia Denim update track

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
We still don't have the cyan update on verizon. If they don't officially anounce denim by next week with a reasonable timeline or release cyan by next week, that's it I'm done with verizon. I'll get an unlocked 1520 (because its better than the "real" one) and go to at&t

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
5 weeks ago I received my 1520.3 and immediately updated it to official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan. My 925 on T-MoUS still would not have it. So happy I upgraded my device.

Try Factory Unlocked GSM and you won't regret it.

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
According to this post, Denim should start to rolling out in next two weeks...
Claim: Lumia Denim to start rolling out in 2 weeks

What I don't entirelly understnad is that it should take about 2 months (if not more) to release it worldwide to all devices? Even now, some devices are not on Cyan yet? Apple releases iOS the same day for all supported devices so why MS is not able to do the same?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
What I don't entirelly understnad is that it should take about 2 months (if not more) to release it worldwide to all devices? Even now, some devices are not on Cyan yet? Apple releases iOS the same day for all supported devices so why MS is not able to do the same?
Do you understand that there are orders of magnitude more Windows Phone models than iPhone models? Do you understand that Apple chooses to test each one of theirs before releasing the update to any of them? So basically, Apple makes the people who own the iPhones they test first wait until they finish testing all of them while MS lets phones be updated as soon as possible. Also if you live in one of the disfunctional countries where many phones are carrier based, you also have to wait for the carrier to get around to approving the updates? Until Windows for phones has as much clout with carriers as Apple, you should complain to those carriers for dragging their feet. Or better yet, get off the hamster wheel and buy unlocked (no carrier) and get updates the same day MS releases them for the model AND get new phones when it makes sense to YOU not when the carrier starts charging you for the phone you already paid for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire