iPhone 6 poor build quality vs Lumia 1520 - a tank.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope this could open the eyes of some apple fans(the new feature ibend)
This could never happen with Nokia. A proud user since 5 years. But at least we deserve a hearty laugh at apple & a big applause 👏
Don't we?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
LOL... any video with scratch or drop tests?

There are many, but why do you want one? I hope you know that 920 survived after being crushed by a 24 ton truck or 800 survived a 3& half month dive in a lake(that's when Nokia isn't trying to make a waterproof phone)...:p

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 isn't bent but it sure is noticeably warped from putting it in my front pocket of my loose cargo shorts all the time.

Pics of phone and shorts or I call shens.

I solely wear cargo pants and the only time pressure comes into play for me is when attempting to drive. My seatbelt will rest on the phone. The pressure reminds me to place the 1520 in my wireless car charger mounted in front of my air conditioning vent where it belongs.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Now I am not saying 1520's are microwave proof but it sounds like the new iPhones aren't :smile:

Emergency services forced to step in as iPhone users fall for internet prank that explains how to use a microwave to charge your phone* | Daily Mail Online

And just in case there are any stupid people about:

DON'T PUT MOBILE PHONES IN A MICROWAVE.

And if there are any iPhone users about:

DON'T PUT YOUR iPHONE IN A MICROWAVE, IT COULD DAMAGE YOUR VALUABLE MICROWAVE.

Bob

Hahahahaha!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I would not be surprised if a 1520 will bend as much as an iPhone. But the plastic body has a memory and springs back and also evenly distributes the bending load along the full length. Aluminum doesn't. Wonder how long until we hear the same complaints about the HTC?

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Um, Should The iPhone 6 Plus Be Able To Bend Like This?

If you put iPhone6 in your tight trouser pockets - don't expect it to come out the same shape when you remove it.
Glad there is Lumia 1520 for that.

If I am not wrong this seems to affect the 6 Plus more than than the 6, and flaws like this have occurred in the past.

Let's see what happens as this proceeds.

But 1520 isn't the only phone to have survived the bend test, last year's Note 3 did as well and Samsung used it to their advantage.

There are many, but why do you want one? I hope you know that 920 survived after being crushed by a 24 ton truck or 800 survived a 3& half month dive in a lake(that's when Nokia isn't trying to make a waterproof phone)...:p

Uhmm...then how do you explain what happened to my friend's phone?

1411663405215.jpg

Isolated incidents of a phone surviving wherever can occur, but most phones today shatter as soon as dropped.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Or is this somehow not valid? It's ALUMINUM and people are CARELESS. Excuses in 3...2....1....

Yeah. Here's the thing about the iPhone.

By all accounts, it's supposed to be a product that is above all others - that's what the ads suggest along with Cook, Ive and any iPhone fan. The bending may happen with Samsung because it's an inferior product but not Apple. Because it's a premium device.

Along with all the other stuff that happens - iOS updated to 8.02 already because of bugs, folks trying to delete the U2 album, the old antenna gate, Apple maps fiasco etc tells me Apple is nowhere as "premium" as it wants people to believe. In fact if all those problems were exclusive to say, HTC, people would universally declare HTC to be junk.

You can go ahead and start to slag Nokia, Samsung, LG and whoever else you want by saying the same thing would happen to those phones - and I'm sure they would bend as well. But they're not manufactured in Cuportino are they?

Apple is becoming a smoke and mirrors show.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077