I was at a conference today and everybody kept mistaking my Lumia for iPhone 6. Then when I show them the Lumia they are actually really intrigued and ask questions about WP/Lumia. After some time thought it comes right back to iPhone 6. It's funny before how everybody was saying 1520 and Galaxy Note is to big until Apple drops a phablate.

Anybody else get their 1520, 1020, or 930 or iPhone 6?
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-26-2014 02:23 AM
    Not quite possible. The design language is totally different.
    09-26-2014 03:13 AM
    Not quite possible. The design language is totally different.
    Oh, but it is...

In the minds of many, many people (general public mind you, not technophiles) Apple just invented the thing and every large screen device they see must be the iPhone 6 Plus.

Sad, but true.
    theefman and forked like this.
    09-26-2014 09:46 AM
    Oh, but it is...

In the minds of many, many people (general public mind you, not technophiles) Apple just invented the thing and every large screen device they see must be the iPhone 6 Plus.

Sad, but true.
    This is true, and even technical people at my work who have worked in IT for years seemed unaware of large screen phones before the ibend 6 was released.
    bozza72 likes this.
    09-26-2014 11:29 AM
    At this conference everybody and I mean everybody has a Mac product. I'm the only person using Lumia and Surface Pro 3. It's kinda awesome really!
    09-26-2014 01:08 PM
    This is true, and even technical people at my work who have worked in IT for years seemed unaware of large screen phones before the ibend 6 was released.
    I think you may have misspelled that. I thought it was the iBeercan 6....:-)
    09-26-2014 01:19 PM
    It's funny before how everybody was saying 1520 and Galaxy Note is to big until Apple drops a phablate.
    It's happened before. I wasn't able to find it just now, but I recall a thread on here started long before there was a 1520. It was basically mocking the Galaxy Note series as ridiculously huge. Interestingly enough, the thread dried up after the 1520 was confirmed.

This is one of those things that you don't know until you try. To add to that, if you're a staunch supporter of a company that doesn't have it, you will tend to make fun of those who do. That's human nature.

WP fans ridiculed the Note devices until the 1520 came along, and suddenly the phablet was wonderful! Until now, iPhone fans were mocking >4" devices, but suddenly they're a good thing.

If I come across the thread I'm talking about I'll include the link.
    RumoredNow and etad putta like this.
    09-26-2014 01:31 PM
    It's happened before. I wasn't able to find it just now, but I recall a thread on here started long before there was a 1520. It was basically mocking the Galaxy Note series as ridiculously huge. Interestingly enough, the thread dried up after the 1520 was confirmed.

This is one of those things that you don't know until you try. To add to that, if you're a staunch supporter of a company that doesn't have it, you will tend to make fun of those who do. That's human nature.

WP fans ridiculed the Note devices until the 1520 came along, and suddenly the phablet was wonderful! Until now, iPhone fans were mocking >4" devices, but suddenly they're a good thing.

If I come across the thread I'm talking about I'll include the link.
    Don't like to say this but you are quite true at your point.
    Aresjr21 likes this.
    09-26-2014 01:41 PM
    Well, luckily, at least they're aware of the existence of the big Galaxy.
    Unlike some of my friends (about 4 of them) who really thought that Apple's invented big screen and not a single phone has big screen before. The same goes with phones have NFC, OIS, finger scanner etc... I'm just not sure if they want to trick or lie to me or not -.-'
    09-26-2014 04:13 PM
    Most of my experience when talking to others about phones is that they believe any phone they see that isn't an iPhone they automatically assume it is android. One legitimately thought I had a really intricate skin/theme on my "Android" device because no way does MSFT still makes phones.
    09-27-2014 07:17 PM
    Your answer should have been no, it's a Windows Phone and even though I've had it for a year it still has twice the memory, a faster processor and better camera than the iPhone just released. They're great!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-27-2014 07:30 PM
    In my experience, the majority of IT personnel have the iPhone. The rest have high end Android phones. I appear to be the Windows Phone outlier.

Why? Simple, after dealing with in-depth tech problems on different platforms all day they don't want the hassle of yet another complex tech. Primarily IT middle to upper management have the iPhone. Lower tier personnel have Android as they still enjoy the challenge of customization and time investment necessary to maximize that platform. IT deals with Microsoft on multiple levels every hour of every day. They know how bad it can be. While clearly not relevant to a phone, that is the unfortunate association. So it is either like the rest of the company (iPhone) or tech cred cool (Android). That is my conjecture.

Yes, my white 1520.3 was mistaken for a 6 Plus at the grocery checkout. I didn't want to hold up the line so just said it was a Nokia.
    Aresjr21 and RumoredNow like this.
    09-27-2014 08:20 PM
    Funny...just got mine and first time out yesterday someone asked me if my 1520 was the new iPhone 6!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-27-2014 09:49 PM
    Funny...just got mine and first time out yesterday someone asked me if my 1520 was the new iPhone 6!

What color?
    09-28-2014 02:19 PM
    Well someone once asked if my 920 was an iPhone 5C
    Aresjr21 likes this.
    09-28-2014 02:58 PM
    @Byrese - Mine is Black.
    09-28-2014 06:53 PM