Cyan update on 1520 - audio quality

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a drop in audio thump with the cyan update? With all Dolby options turned off, it still seems to be interfering with the contrast between bass and treble. It is very annoying and making me regret upgrading from HTC 8x! Listing through Sony XB-910 cans.

anon(5349548)

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind your old 8x comes with an amplified 3.5mm headphone jack due to beats audio so that extra thump might have been just from that as oppose to the standard 3.5mm on the 1520?

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind your old 8x comes with an amplified 3.5mm headphone jack due to beats audio so that extra thump might have been just from that as oppose to the standard 3.5mm on the 1520?

Thanks for your response. My comparison is 1520 before and after Cyan update. The bass is lacking and seemingly restricted in some way. Before Cyan, I was able to get similar thump and clarity as Htc 8x, but at higher volume i.e. 26/30 rather than 18/30. Now however the frequency response just isn't there after Cyan, so the volume doesn't help.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So this morning I start playing music and it is barely audible on 25/30. There definitely a bug with this thing. Now how to report it...?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
So this morning I start playing music and it is barely audible on 25/30. There definitely a bug with this thing. Now how to report it...?

I don't think is a bug but a hardware issue in your phone. I have the 1520 with Cyan and the latest upgrade to WP 8.1.1 and the audio quality is amazing.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think is a bug but a hardware issue in your phone. I have the 1520 with Cyan and the latest upgrade to WP 8.1.1 and the audio quality is amazing.

Thanks for your reply. How can it be a hardware issue if it was working fine just before the cyan update. The only change was the software.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of problems I have with Cyan on the 1520 with the audio quality. The only way to achieve the good low end sound is to turn on "dolby audio leveling", for some reason when that is turned on, the low end has more thump and depth to it. The problem is with Dolby audio leveling is that when a song goes to just voice or acoustic, it gets super loud, and then when the drums kick in, there's noticeable volume reduction. It doesn't sound appealing at all. If they'd just fix this problem, I'd be happy. I think the mids and highs on Cyan sound better than on 8. But the lows suck!

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of problems I have with Cyan on the 1520 with the audio quality. The only way to achieve the good low end sound is to turn on "dolby audio leveling", for some reason when that is turned on, the low end has more thump and depth to it. The problem is with Dolby audio leveling is that when a song goes to just voice or acoustic, it gets super loud, and then when the drums kick in, there's noticeable volume reduction. It doesn't sound appealing at all. If they'd just fix this problem, I'd be happy. I think the mids and highs on Cyan sound better than on 8. But the lows suck!

Are your issues sorted now? Mine are after a number of patches...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes