Why is my Nokia Lumia 1520 screen still having problems?

Martin Lanoux

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 screen problem

Dear WP community,

I posted a question earlier today on Q&A about my problem. Here it is (see Nokia Lumia 1520 white veil on screen):
"I have an unbranded Nokia Lumia 1520 running Lumia Cyan with the latest Developer Preview version. My phone worked perfectly until a couple days ago. Now, when I turn on the screen, the display looks fine for a few seconds but a white veil slowly appears, getting brighter and brighter to the point where the screen almost becomes unreadable. I also noticed a drop in the display quality, which is clearly not a 1080p but resembles more that of a Lumia 520."

After following the advice in the answer I got (removing case, and adjusting brightness settings), there is no difference. I thought I'd post a screenshot so you get a better look at my problem. The more I look at it, the more I am afraid it's a hardware issue. Tell me what you think.
Thanks a lot for you help !

WP_20140929_002.jpg

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 screen problem

It's like glance old problem
I thought that was fixed , if you are enabling glance.. Then turn it off and see if this occurs again

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

If above does not work, try soft reset and ultimately hard reset. If the problem is still there still present, its hardware fault and you need to take it in.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Guess its a clear hardware fault. Try to exchange and get a new piece as its an expensive phone...i also got my first Lumia 1520 exchanged due to a screen problem.
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans