Hey there fellow WP peeps!

Recently I updated my phone to the cyan firmware. I've read from a couple of people that in order to change or configure the mms and apn settings for your sim, you now need to do so via the 'mobile+sim' setting rather than the 'access point app'. As of 8.1 and Cyan this app no longer works and from what I can tell is uninstalled during the update. Re-installing it has no effect; it just says that the app is not compatible with this version of the operating system. So my question is: How do you change these settings if the options in 'mobile+sim' are missing? I've navigated to mobile+sim>SIM settings and from what I've seen on my spare 630, there should be an option to change the default connections. However, on my unlocked CV 1520 there isn't. I'm not sure if anybody else has encountered this and I'm unsure as to what I'm to do about it.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    09-29-2014 06:59 PM
    on my Lumia 1520.2 (rm-940 for AT&T), I go to SETTINGS >> cellular+SIM >> SIM settings >> add MMS APN

I'm on Lumia Cyan w Dev Preview update 1 ...
    you could try SysAppPusher, which will allow you to d/l latest updated versions of system apps.

What CV ? - you could check the Nokia site for that locale
    09-29-2014 07:43 PM
    And therein lies the problem. That option doesn't appear for me. I'm not sure if it's because I'm on an MVNO or not but, like I said, that option appears on my locked 630 but not my unlocked 1520. Go figure. If I have to hard reset my phone for this to work I'm not gonna be a very happy chappy!
    Last edited by deebee_433; 09-29-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling; clarity
    09-29-2014 07:47 PM
    Whelp, turns out the solution to this problem is to hard reset the handset. I have a feeling this is because the firmware that runs on newer phones is the same for the 1520 but not for older models (aka x20 series).
    10-07-2014 04:01 AM
    I am a new wp 8.1 user in my lumia 820 and I am experiencing the same issue with the apn setting.
    I have a sim from my provider here in Romania and a one year unlimited 3g contract I cant enjoy.
    I called them to find out how to configure my data and they said that all I have to do is write:"internet" in The apn section in my lumia device and thats all.
    It turned out to be much more difficult because the apn section is missing!
    Please help me!
    12-04-2014 04:54 PM
    In WP 8.1 the path should be just as MDK22 outlined above...

Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings >add internet APN OR add MMS APN... inside SIM settings also check that Cellular connection profile shows the name of your carrier... It is my experience with Windows Phones (3 different model handsets) that they "just work" and I have never had to set an APN or MMS manually.

You might try testing a new SIM from your carrier. Apparently there is a "new" style format on SIM cards optimized for smartphones. Maybe you have an "old" style SIM.
    12-04-2014 05:08 PM