Sensitive screen - is the issue resolved?

DepletedQuark

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Dying to get back to WP, but I can't seem to find hardware that suits me. Now I'm even contemplating getting the 1520 even though the size is a problem. But I keep reading about the screen sensitivity, is that something that Nokia has fixed?

Sent from my Nexus 5

ukedave

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'll give you your answer since no one else has the caj?nes to call it how it is:

Hell no.

Unfortunately, you can't fix an issue with a software update that is latent within the actual device's hardware. Those who say it's fixed just aren't using heavy top-to-bottom scroll apps for enough hours a week to notice the false swipe-to-tap bug. To top it off this device has a known light-bleeding issue that ATT will claim carrying it in your pocket is enough to cause and won't warrant a replace.

ukedave

May 28, 2014
Visit site
No problem: note I'm speaking strictly as a user of AT&T and their devices. I would tell you to get the HTC One M8 w/ WP8.1, but it's clear from these forums that even that device is not without issues and has a notorious reboot causing bug that HTC refuses to acknowledge.

Speaking of waiting on new AT&T phones, all I see announced for windows is the Lumia 830 which to me seems like a step back from the already on the market 1520, 1020, 930/icons.

Ugh.... AT&T is like the ex-girlfriend you keep getting back with, but on the 6th or 7th time you're like "OK I'M COMPLETELY DONE WITH THIS". Yet here I am... FML.

Last edited:

IamJonso

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After getting the Display update on 10/02/2014, the number if scrolls that are accidentally registered as a press, has greatly been reduced for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon