Well, I finally made my decision...

NateDawgSC

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
When the iPhone 6/6 Plus came out, I was wooed by it. My Lumia 1020 was brought via AT&T Next program and I was able to trade in for a new phone. I had an iPhone 4s that AT&T would accept for a $200 trade-in. So, I went to AT&T store a couple days ago with intent on purchasing an iPhone 6 (with 2 week wait time). However, I saw the Green Lumia 1520 on display. I was torn now. I actually spent an hour in the store trying to decide. Well, I couldn't give up the better phone OS (in my opinion), Cortana integration and my commitment to Microsoft ecosystem... so I walked out of the store with the Green Lumia 1520. Oh yea... the $200 credit paid off my Lumia 1020, so I have a camera with a phone feature as well.

The first 24 hours had me wondering if I made a bad decision. The phone kept freezing up when trying to unlock phone, the start screen would jump to bottom of list and/or Cortana kept coming up without touching the screen (phantom tap). After numerous reboots and soft resets, those issues had went away. There are a few other irritant glitches... however, not enough for me to take phone back.

While it is taking me some time to get used to the large size, I am loving it more and more, and giving me confidence that I made right decision. I have a couple of cases en route via eBay (one with a belt holster), and they should be here in a few days. I haven't played with the camera too much yet... work is busy right now. Overall, I think I made the right decision. If it wasn't for seeing the Green Lumia 1520 on display, I may be writing a post in the iMore forums right now... the horror of that.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720