07-29-2015 01:05 PM
54 123
tools
    I have had my phone since march. I really like it but lately I have to restart it about once a week. Yesterday the battery got really hot and it kept showing resume on the screen. I turned it off and then back on and it was fine. Other times it acts like the back button is being pressed all the time, and sometimes the phone is just unresponsive to anything. Restarting it seems to fix it but only for a short time. Anyone else having this problem?
    yoongwaikhit and Bell040 like this.
    10-05-2014 07:20 AM
    Yes the second problem u mentioned is a common problem. Happens to my phone all the time. Its just like pressing capacitive buttons and phone starts to act weirdly unless u lock and then unlock the screen. I think its a hardware problem or design flaw in 1520.
    10-05-2014 07:28 AM
    Another problem I have had is going from the lock screen to the start screen, sometimes when the start screen comes up I can't do anything, the tiles don't work,I can't scroll up or down. There have been a couple of times I had to shut it down and turn it back on.
    10-05-2014 04:34 PM
    I encounter apps freezing or crashing especially those from MS - Battery, Finance, News.
    10-05-2014 07:59 PM
    Same here
    Auto touches,random freezes 😞
    10-05-2014 10:13 PM
    This just started happening to me yesterday (Oct 5, 2014). The display will sometimes bounce up and down rapidly and then the touch screen and capacitive buttons no longer respond. If I lock and unlock it starts working again.

The only major change has been updating Glance. I've disabled that to see if it fixes the problem.
    10-06-2014 01:40 PM
    Since having glance screen turned off I haven't had the issue again.

Do any of you have glance and use the newest version that was just released?
    10-07-2014 09:41 AM
    Mine is not related with glance screen. I have done factory reset but the problem is still there. It is a hardware problem in my opinion.
    10-07-2014 11:11 AM
    So you don't have glance screen enabled?

Back before Cyan Glance caused a lock screen sensitivity issue where it would cause multiple key presses to occur. Several of us on here verified that.

Around the 3rd or 4th I had updated the Glance app and my issue started October 5th. It kept up through October 6th until I disabled Glance.

Some of the other Lumia model forums are reporting the same behavior happening as of a few days ago as well.
    10-07-2014 12:37 PM
    This just started happening to me yesterday (Oct 5, 2014). The display will sometimes bounce up and down rapidly and then the touch screen and capacitive buttons no longer respond. If I lock and unlock it starts working again.

The only major change has been updating Glance. I've disabled that to see if it fixes the problem.
    This is exactly what would happen to mine as well. I had the unfortunate perk of Cortana coming up, listening to background speech and searching what she heard. Let's just say I was swearing a lot at one point and the search results were just as graphic.

For me also the only change that occurred was the update of Glance. Since its disabling and reboot of the phone, the issue has not happened again.
    10-07-2014 01:17 PM
    I turned off glance screen but still the problem is not fixed for my phone. Now the only solution left is to take the phone to nokia service center and get it repaired.
    10-08-2014 02:51 AM
    I turned off glance screen but still the problem is not fixed for my phone. Now the only solution left is to take the phone to nokia service center and get it repaired.
    It could be just coincidence mine hasn't done it since turning off glance. I'll run another day with it off and then turn back on tomorrow.
    10-08-2014 10:55 AM
    seems like most freezing apps are MS natives - like battery, money, news...
    10-13-2014 05:09 AM
    seems like most freezing apps are MS natives - like battery, money, news...
    Probably because they're Silverlight apps and not Windows Phone RT.
    10-13-2014 05:13 AM
    Don't think they are Silverlight. That isn't supported on WP or RT. However, the xaml interface design markup is similar.

Anyway, I still get the issue even with glance turned off. It often seems to start when I'm not interacting with touch screen. It will be on and then the home screen starts bouncing up and down, then freezes. But it is happening less.
    10-14-2014 09:38 PM
    Don't think they are Silverlight. That isn't supported on WP or RT. However, the xaml interface design markup is similar.

Anyway, I still get the issue even with glance turned off. It often seems to start when I'm not interacting with touch screen. It will be on and then the home screen starts bouncing up and down, then freezes. But it is happening less.
    Pardon? Are you sure?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...v=vs.105).aspx
    10-15-2014 10:06 AM
    Interesting, I think they might be rebranding the Silverlight term? Silverlight was/is a web browser framework for rich UI designs. But that is dead at version 5. When I did some WP8.0 development it felt very much like WPF/Silverlight. Now there is Silverlight 8.1 which only runs on WP8.1.

Even as a developer MS can make things confusing.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-15-2014 01:24 PM
    Interesting, I think they might be rebranding the Silverlight term? Silverlight was/is a web browser framework for rich UI designs. But that is dead at version 5. When I did some WP8.0 development it felt very much like WPF/Silverlight. Now there is Silverlight 8.1 which only runs on WP8.1.

Even as a developer MS can make things confusing.
    I knew I'd spotted something on Twitter from a WP dev who was explaining the "resuming issue" on WP 8.1.
    The Silverlight I'm referring to is WP 8.1 only.

I wasn't being rude when I said "pardon". In forums, you can never be sure of a person's intent when asking a question.
    10-15-2014 01:33 PM
    I knew I'd spotted something on Twitter from a WP dev who was explaining the "resuming issue" on WP 8.1.
    The Silverlight I'm referring to is WP 8.1 only.

I wasn't being rude when I said "pardon". In forums, you can never be sure of a person's intent when asking a question.
    I know, I just hadn't been following the WP8.1 development side in a bit. I was startled to find that they used the Silverlight name branding. It had developed a bad reputation among developers from the earlier browser embedded framework. But in some ways it works since WP development is very similar to the old Silverlight development.
    10-16-2014 07:53 AM
    To get my own thread back on track it still appears to be happening. Today I had my home screen up, the capacitive buttons went dark and all touch became unresponsive. Then Cortana opened up. I don't think it was Cortana but the phone thinking I was pressing the search button.

Since disabling glance it's not doing it enough to be annoying. It just does it once every day or two vs. 10 times a day like it had been. I may try glance back on to see if it gets worse.
    10-16-2014 01:16 PM
    To get my own thread back on track it still appears to be happening. Today I had my home screen up, the capacitive buttons went dark and all touch became unresponsive. Then Cortana opened up. I don't think it was Cortana but the phone thinking I was pressing the search button.

Since disabling glance it's not doing it enough to be annoying. It just does it once every day or two vs. 10 times a day like it had been. I may try glance back on to see if it gets worse.
    Take it to a Nokia repair centre.
    10-16-2014 08:24 PM
    Heres the fix to your issues guys, I have slowly worked my way through to find out what was doing it... Disable background on Cortana in your battery saver settings. Issue resolved on my piece when i did that.

On other hand... Doesn't mean it could fix your issue as I looked into others.. It fixed mine..
    Last edited by sschevy010; 10-20-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    10-19-2014 11:57 PM
    It's so sporadic it can be hard to tell if it's fixed or not. But when it acts up it can be a real PITA.
    10-20-2014 05:05 PM
    I've had this problem for several weeks, after 8.1 update I believe, and att replaced the phone and it continued and got more frequent, so they replaced it again, I'm now on my 3rd 1520.

After researching last night I have turned off ALL background running apps in the battery saver, unpinned Cortana from the start screen, and after a restart it still did it about the 2nd or 3rd time I woke the phone up within 30 minutes of a restart. If it continues today I will completely turn off glance screen and restart, but after that I'm not sure what the hell else to try.

This is a pretty serious issue in my opinion, they give us a phone and software to integrate all these notifications and accessories but in order to work properly we have to turn all of it off lol. The att repair center is 45 minutes from my house but if it happens again I will be driving down there and demanding it be fixed or put me into another device, this is ridiculous and I was an early adopter of wp8 with the 920, seems like I am going backwards now with the 1520, and its clearly software related.
    10-21-2014 08:50 AM
    It's software related. I don't think it has anything to do with the hardware. But it's easy enough to recover from the problem that it doesn't bother me too much.

I applied the update to the developer preview last night and so far it hasn't acted up.

I'm also surprised this doesn't seem to be a bigger issue being reported around here.
    Timbre70 likes this.
    10-24-2014 10:26 AM
54 123