Irritating text bug!

TEEBEEWEEBEE

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I do a soft reset my phone will text me with my own number. I will have two contacts in a text thread. When they reply to a text after the reboot I will get a response with my phone number listed instead of just the two contacts. When I respond to the text I text myself. Has anyone else experienced this?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I get the same thing. When I start a new group text the replies come back in a different thread where I am included as a recipient. If I reply there I get a copy of my own text, so I reply in the thread I started and I don't get a copy. I'm surprised the bug has lasted this long.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to fix it following the steps another user did.

1. I deleted all group messages I had (kind of a pain in the ***)
2. Turned off group messages in settings.
3. Reset phone
4. tested it (it sent me my own number again)
5. deleted the message, turned on group message
6. reset phone
7. tested it again and it worked. Doesnt text myself anymore in group messages

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
When I do a soft reset my phone will text me with my own number. I will have two contacts in a text thread. When they reply to a text after the reboot I will get a response with my phone number listed instead of just the two contacts. When I respond to the text I text myself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Never happened.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was able to fix it following the steps another user did.

1. I deleted all group messages I had (kind of a pain in the ***)
2. Turned off group messages in settings.
3. Reset phone
4. tested it (it sent me my own number again)
5. deleted the message, turned on group message
6. reset phone
7. tested it again and it worked. Doesnt text myself anymore in group messages

Great steps but they are, unfortunately, not perfect for everyone. In my case, I just hard-rebooted my phone for the 10+th time in the last 2 days and just now received a group text without my phone # in the recipients list. I did nothing more than hard reboots (Pwr + vol down) each time.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I rarely ever send group text messages so I've never seen this problem. It would be annoying. I mostly send a message to multiple recipients when I'm doing it with my two sisters, and my wife

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I rarely ever send group text messages so I've never seen this problem. It would be annoying. I mostly send a message to multiple recipients when I'm doing it with my two sisters, and my wife
Unfortunately, this isn't a problem with sending group texts.. It's being on the receiving end of new/incoming group text messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720