Switching to AT&T 1520.3?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a burned Verizon Icon user and am officially fed up and done. I saw someone say somewhere else that there can be issues with the 1520.3 and AT&T's LTE. They said something about having to change their IMEI number with a 1020 to get LTE to work. Is this true? If its true do I need to get an at&t branded LTE phone for this to work? Keep in mind I do not currently have at&t and will be opening up a new account.

The reason I want the 1520.3 is because I use QI charging at work. I'm not concerned about 16/32 GB since I can always get an SD card on this device.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
the 1520.3 is a device free from any carrier manipulation! you can use it anywhere with any GSM service by simply dropping a nano sim card in it. in my experience the phone has always selected the best settings automatically. buy the 1520.3 and be free.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've heard it both ways which is my concern. I guess if it doesn't work, I can buy a 635 (which is pretty freaking cheap) to "fix" the account and Sim card. From what I can tell they are both nano sims.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Ironically, I moved from Verizon to AT&T the very day before the s**t hit the fan regarding the ICON. I had decided to do this move about 2 weeks prior because the support from Verizon smelled worse than our local trash dump. I went for the 1520 and couldn't be happier. Yes, I miss the wireless charging but I love Glance and other things the ICON didn't have.

I still have the ICON. Probably can't get much for it now so will see what happens in the next weeks. I paid a large amount of money to buy out the ETF and would love to get that money back. Would happily give them my 3 month ICON back if they refunded my ETF payment.

I'm smart enough to know that Verizon will never do anything close to this.

If you get the 1520.3, keep us advised how you like the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99