Lumia 1520 acting up strangely

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Could any one assist me with my lumia 1520, which started acting strangely today.

I awoke this morning, and just checked the time on the glance screen, and for whatever reason the wrong time and date was showing. I entered the home screen, and the date was showing 22nd of May 2014 and the wrong time. The app Clock Hub was displaying a different time altogether, and I couldn't access the settings to change it, so thinking that the app may be the cause of this odd behaviour I uninstalled it.

Now I went to the time & date settings and reset the time correctly, and selected manual instead of automatically set time. I then received an alert saying: Your Microsoft account needs your attention. I synced my Microsoft account, and my calendar events & times all updated.

Ok I thought, just a minor glitch perhaps, but to be on the safe side I'll do a soft reset of the phone.
WRONG CHOICE! . . . . The date again had changed to 22nd of May 2014, and displaying the incorrect time. I went through the whole process again that I had earlier carried out to correct the time and date...etc. I haven't reinstalled the app Clock Hub, but what's concerning me now is the fact that if I want to do a soft reset of my L1520, it's resetting to a date 6 month past, WHY?

Any one know what may be causing this issue? Any help would really be appreciated.

Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937_eu_euro1_231 Mobile Operator: 000-GB
Running official windows phone 8.1 + cyan OS version: 8.10.12397.895
Firmware revision: 02061.00066.14253.40002

prasanthben

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens with my phone , it's not a big problem, just enter date &time correctly, after set auto update time and date to enable... It happens on some situations like soft reset, SIM card change on my phone... I never done hard reset before on my phone...

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens with my phone , it's not a big problem, just enter date &time correctly, after set auto update time and date to enable... It happens on some situations like soft reset, SIM card change on my phone... I never done hard reset before on my phone...
Thanks prasanthben, pleased it's nothing serious to worry about. Yet I am concerned that whenever I do a soft reset from now on, the phone reverts to a 6 month past date. Though as you say it's just a matter of resetting the time and date for it to be ok. Do you think this is some kind of bug though? as I've never had this issues before.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I was still concerned that the date & time was resorting backwards to a 6 month date.

I decided I would take the bull by it's horn's and do a factory reset. I made a backup of all my photo's, ringtones & documents, and did a fresh install, not a restore.

After completing the initial setup, and reinstalling the previously installed apps, email addresses, photo's, ringtones etc, every thing appears back to normal. I retested the soft reset function, and every thing went according to plan, and the time & date remained the same. Had to get to the bottom of it, as it was bugging me, and I knew it couldn't be right, as I hadn't had the issue before.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I was still concerned that the date & time was resorting backwards to a 6 month date.

I decided I would take the bull by it's horn's and do a factory reset. I made a backup of all my photo's, ringtones & documents, and did a fresh install, not a restore.

After completing the initial setup, and reinstalling the previously installed apps, email addresses, photo's, ringtones etc, every thing appears back to normal. I retested the soft reset function, and every thing went according to plan, and the time & date remained the same. Had to get to the bottom of it, as it was bugging me, and I knew it couldn't be right, as I hadn't had the issue before.

Lol. Glad your "problem" is fixed.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

You were right to do that. It sounds like it was 95%+ odds of it being either an infection or file corruption. Nothing short of a hard reset could fix either of those.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
You were right to do that. It sounds like it was 95%+ odds of it being either an infection or file corruption. Nothing short of a hard reset could fix either of those.
Yeh! thought I did the right thing. One question though, you mention "infection or file corruption". I wasn't aware that you can get an infection on a windows phone, though I did suspect the issue may of been caused by file corruption.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans