I can't be the only one......

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Let us know what happens at the ATT store or if you still have the phone let us try yo help you work through all the issues Many of us here are certainly willing to try to help.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I love my red 1520, best phone I have ever had so far. Last month I bought another 1520 a yellow one for my second line, activated it with AT&T. They will replace it brand new if it's defective under 14 days and after 14 days they will replace it with a refurbished one. After the 15th day I realized the phone was not detecting the micro SD card so I took it back to ATT, they checked and said it was defective and will send me a refurbished yellow 1520 and I can send the defective one to ATT. I was not happy since I had paid for a brand new one less than a month ago.

So, I decided to stop at my local Microsoft store right after I left the ATT store and see if they would replace it since they now own Nokia. Guess what? They gave me a brand new yellow 1520 right at the store. Before I left the store I made sure the phone detected the SD card without any problem, everything worked fine and I was happy. I received the refurbished 1520 in the mail 2 days later and sent it back to ATT. It came with prepaid postage, box and tape to send it back.

So, if you have a Microsoft store near you, definitely call or visit the store.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya they are awesome. Service is great. The one we have in Canada told me they are taking over the Nokia care business so devices can be fixed on site.

Robin Hay

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had the 1520 for nearly a year. Until about two months ago, it was perfect. Now I am experiencing all the issues described in this thread.

Based_God

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Little update, When I get home I barely touch my phone so its not an issue. I mostly use it while im at work. I totally forget by the time I get home that the phone is messed up. I will go to att today hopefully (will set reminder). What I have done though is turn off Cortona, and deleted some pics and apps (just freed up some space) and it deff helped. It's not doing it as often but still does happen multiple times a day. Will update tomorrow in case someone in the future needs help with same thing.

Based_God

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If you are having the same problems DO NOT RESTORE, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE!! I went to at&t yesterday and they gave me a number to call so I can have them ship me out another one. So last night I thought I would give the restore a try and made it a 10000 times worse. If you have had the phone for less than a year they will replace. When I restored it I lost back up and also SD card didn’t work anymore (yes I took it out) and other problems. Will update when I get new phone.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If you are having the same problems DO NOT RESTORE, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE!! I went to at&t yesterday and they gave me a number to call so I can have them ship me out another one. So last night I thought I would give the restore a try and made it a 10000 times worse. If you have had the phone for less than a year they will replace. When I restored it I lost back up and also SD card didn’t work anymore (yes I took it out) and other problems. Will update when I get new phone.
Ouch, I still wish I had a 1520 and have them on my radar for future purchase. Looks to be a good device. Hope you get yours figured out.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If you are having the same problems DO NOT RESTORE, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE!! I went to at&t yesterday and they gave me a number to call so I can have them ship me out another one. So last night I thought I would give the restore a try and made it a 10000 times worse. If you have had the phone for less than a year they will replace. When I restored it I lost back up and also SD card didn?t work anymore (yes I took it out) and other problems. Will update when I get new phone.

Restore worked great on my 1520 from ATT. Why wouldn't a restore work. It's a clean wipe of the OS and firmware.

Restore again and it should fix your issues.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Restore worked great on my 1520 from ATT. Why wouldn't a restore work. It's a clean wipe of the OS and firmware.

Restore again and it should fix your issues.

I don't think the type of restore he is referring to is a wipe of the OS and Firmware. I believe it is just a restore of settings, apps, and accounts. Otherwise, my 1520 would have been restored with WP8.1 (non-DP) and Lumia 520 firmware.

However, if the restore he is referring to is the full restore in which you have to plug it into a computer, then yes, another restore may do the trick.

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah, from reading all of your posts, and especially this one, I am quite convinced that you have a faulty 1520. I've had some bad phones in the past, and never have I ever heard of anything as bad as the factory restore making something worse. Hopefully your next one gives you the experience you were aiming for.

cheers.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh. The smell of not so fresh bait............

You should probably get an iPhone. While the 1520 has a larger screen, the iPhone 6 plus can be used as a deadly boomerang. Excellent for hunting birds and bats.

Based_God

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Update: Got the new phone and everything is working amazing! Deff fixed it! Also I found out the reason why my streaming was horrible. I have the unlimited plan with unlimited data. (Been an att customer for a while) and roughly every month I use around 20G's (yes you read that correct). So when I get past a certain point they throttle it. I thought there was a law that just passed like a year or so ago that said they cant do that? Any suggestions?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Well no wonder.... 20 GB is a ridiculous amount for a majority of people. As for if they're allowed. It's possible, you need to read your terms and conditions with AT&T to see if they talk about throttling.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh. The smell of not so fresh bait............

You should probably get an iPhone. While the 1520 has a larger screen, the iPhone 6 plus can be used as a deadly boomerang. Excellent for hunting birds and bats.

And 1520 can use as a heavy piece of brick to kill. At least a boomerang is more interesting and fun than an old brick. :p

jstylela

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hmm all that sounds like a hardware problem which if it is is covered under the Nokia warranty and if you're in the 14 day period with att you can just exchange it. I just purchased a 1520 and I've been an iPhone user since the first iPhone with a small slip to Android for a year in between the 4 and 5 release. Yes the store has many things that need to come to it but that shouldn't be a hard stop to not use the device. There are many great things about this phone, the keyboard is intuitive and doesn't lag like an android keyboard does after having the device for a year. You have extremely capable and better resource management and way less bloatware than an Android phone. As far as your video goes try adjusting the quality in the Nokia camera app to 720p instead of 1080 if you haven't done so already. There are some instances where the phone surpasses iPhone and others it doesn't. Microsoft has barely got its hands fully on Lumia this year and having a flagship device means getting all the latest firmware updates like Denim and the rumored Emerald coming out. With each release we can expect to see major improvements in small areas until Windows 10 is released which I'm hoping will streamline the user experience from phone to PC just like iOS to Mac OS. You just got in, in the beginning, try to wait it out or try the HTC One M8 for Windows and if you absolutely must Android. Definitely try to exchange your device out before you do anything drastic. 😎

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
If I had your phone and it did all those quirky things you describe, it would have immediately set alarm bells off in my head. The fact you even assumed that such behaviour is 'normal operation' for Lumias confuses me. If I had half the trouble with my 1520, I would have had it replaced within the first week. Yet you've kept onto a faulty device for months and only just considered "Boy, maybe I should look at getting this replaced, it might be faulty?" I'm honestly rather baffled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon