Screen differences on 1520 and 1020/930

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm a bit confused with what the differences are in the screens of the 1020/930 and the screen on the 1520 (aside from size). I was wondering if someone could please explain it to me? Is the image on the 1020 better because it's AMOLED rather than LCD?

Also, I gather from what I've read that the 1520 battery has a technology that makes it charge faster than the 1020. Is this true?

A massive thanks in advance.
Stu 😊

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The two primary techs are LCD and AMOLED.
For the most part, LCD's are the standard display, lit by a backlight, and are unaffected by what's being displayed.

OLED displays are probably best known for each individual pixel providing its own light, meaning where LCD's light up the whole panel, an OLED can light up only the pixels that need lighting.
Meaning that blacks displayed are about as deep as it gets because the display is still "off" where blacks are displayed, meaning its a great fit for Windows Phone's often primarily black UI. (its beautiful on any phone)
However, OLED displays use a lot more power when white/light images are displayed since more pixels need power whereas the power consumption of LCD's is more static IIRC.

Ex: Glance. Glance is a feature that displays a clock and some notifications when the phone is asleep. Since Glance only needs enough pixels to show the time and a couple icons, it can only turn those on and keep power usage to a relative minimum since the rest of the display is still off. LCD's would have to light up the entire display.

I hold LCD's as longer-lived and less susceptible to "burn-in", but I can't say whether it really matters or is significant enough in normal use.

As for image quality, I can't say.
and regarding the charging thing, off the top of my head, I think it has something under-the-hood that allows some faster charge protocol, but I don't think anything really takes advantage of it IIRC. I could be wrong though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro