I don't know what to do! HELP!

javeg85

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm on the fence and don't know what to decide...wait for the Lumia 830 or just go for the 1520. I've had...three 1520's (red & black colors) in the past and all were returned due to the weird screen sensitivity issue that would register taps as swipes and vice versa. However, I do remember Daniel Rubino saying he didn't have that issue with the green 1520.

Can anyone confirm that the problem's been fixed with the green model? Because if it's still present, I guess Id rather wait for the 830 then...

I would love to get the 930 but unfortunately, I can't just drop $500 at the moment. If there was a carrier in the US offering it at a reduced 2 year contract price, then I'd jump on it. Anyway, what do you all suggest?

(PS- if anyone would like to trade an Xbox One for a mint 930, I'm down. Lol)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm on the fence and don't know what to decide...wait for the Lumia 830 or just go for the 1520. I've had...three 1520's (red & black colors) in the past and all were returned due to the weird screen sensitivity issue that would register taps as swipes and vice versa. However, I do remember Daniel Rubino saying he didn't have that issue with the green 1520.

Can anyone confirm that the problem's been fixed with the green model? Because if it's still present, I guess Id rather wait for the 830 then...

I would love to get the 930 but unfortunately, I can't just drop $500 at the moment. If there was a carrier in the US offering it at a reduced 2 year contract price, then I'd jump on it. Anyway, what do you all suggest?

(PS- if anyone would like to trade an Xbox One for a mint 930, I'm down. Lol)
I can't see any reason to think the green 1520 are any different inside than any other color 1520. The fact that Daniel didn't have a problem and you had two other colors with the problem are both drops in an ocean. Just as my two yellows without the problem are. Now MS may have made some running changes that reduced the problem in ones made after a certain date but why would they decide to only do that for phones that get a green case snapped on at the end of the assembly line?

bonghy90

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I believe every 1520 has the same problem due to the way the digitizer is placed. However, what you can do is instead of putting your phone screen down (having the screen touch your thigh) in your pocket, you can put it screen up (having the camera lens touch your thigh instead). I have done that (to the point of removing my screen protector) and the screen now renders beautifully. There will still be miss taps but it has significantly reduced. However, the bottom edge of the screen might pop out a bit due to the way you placed it.

Regarding your question, getting the 1520 is definitely more worthwhile simply due to the fact it's future proof. 830 is more towards the aesthetics and feel in hand. Hope it helps.

javeg85

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Ergh...I figured they would've fixed the digitizer issue by now. It was hugely annoying to me back when I had a 1520 and turned me off to the phone completely. Knowing its still a common issue is steering me away unfortunately :/

sschevy010

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
You guys even know about the "Touch" in settings where you can tone down the sensitivty ... it defaults at High... switch it to Normal.. this fixed my issue

javeg85

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
You guys even know about the "Touch" in settings where you can tone down the sensitivty ... it defaults at High... switch it to Normal.. this fixed my issue

I changed the sensitivity settings, I shut off Glance, I soft resetted, hard resetted, and my touch screen would still go crazy. And that was with 3 different 1520s from 3 different AT&T stores.

Ive been hearing nothing but good things about the green 1520 model though. Maybe Nokia was aware of the issue at the time and fixed the issue on the green models and later shipments of the original colors?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if you're having any issues with the 1520, it is a beautiful and feature pack phone however since the screen sensitivity is a uncommon issue (like 1 in every 1000 1520s) the best solution I can come up with is make sure that the 1520 has a clean screen and not any smudge or anything like that.

I'll see if I can find any solutions for you. Since you already did a soft and hard reset plus setting the sensitivity to normal. Just for the heck of it, did you check for updates on your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon