03-12-2017 07:39 AM
34 12
tools
    Thanks for the confirmation! I'll give it a try this weekend and report back.
    01-26-2016 12:33 PM
    Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious if the fuse was the issue & if so, where does one either get the fuse (If it'a a DIY job) or where could one send it to get repaired, & if so, the estimated charge?
    03-28-2016 04:44 PM
    I also have the same issue, powered the motor with 3.0 Volt separately that's working. there is some problem in PCB as When I used Diagnostic Tool from Store and triggered Vibration, I did not get any volt output from the pins on PCB.(If I try to see output on Flash points i get some 0.20 apx on a photo click, so the method is correct) I replaced new LCD Assembly with the old original one, but no luck. how the hell Changing LCD assembly can stop vibration Function, its just so pathetic
    06-06-2016 01:48 AM
    See my post at the bottom of page 1.
    06-12-2016 03:05 AM
    For those of you whose phones no longer vibrate - did you buy the genuine nokia replacement part? I bought mine from an official european supplier online (and let's just say, genuine parts certainly cost a lot). The reason I ask is because someone on another website commented that the replacement screen they got had less insulation on the underside of the screen, which they thought may have been possibly causing a short on the motherboard. They insulated these connections and then managed to get the phone to vibrate again (although if the fuse has already blown then this wouldn't do much).

So i'm thinking that possibly it could be down to a lack of insulation on the replacement screen? I am going to be replacing mine soon - fingers crossed!
    08-03-2016 12:34 AM
    So I did the screen and housing swap and my vibrate works! I used the official nokia assembly/disassembly videos on youtube and replaced the components (except the screws) like the side flex, vibrate module etc that the video said not to reuse. (i'm sure this doesn't do anything to prevent the issue from occuring).

My knowledge of electronics is limited, but surely you could only blow the fuse when the power is connected. So possibly when disconnecting or connecting the battery flex may be when the fuse blows? Not sure. Alternatively, perhaps an incorrect alighnment of the vibrate module to the motherboard may cause something, but again, not sure
    08-07-2016 06:13 PM
    Just did a screen swap on my 1520 and lost the vibration as well. :(
    09-17-2016 05:03 PM
    Well heck. Managed to fix mine. I did 2 things. The first was to completely remove the shield that covers the motor. The second was to put a few layers of painters tape below the ribbon where it meets the lcd assembly. This pushes it up towards the motherboard and makes sure it's in contact with the pins that activate the motor. One of the two worked. I'm guessing that it was likely that the pins on the back of the motherboard weren't making contact with the ribbon.
    Tullphan likes this.
    09-17-2016 05:30 PM
    My L1520 could not be turned on for near 0ne year and I made up my mind to fix it last year end. I called service and they said they were no longer providing services to L1520 as it was obsoleted item. I bought it in 2/2014 and it became obsoleted just after 2+ years of entering into the market. Initially I thought it was the screen that didn't respond as well as a dead battery therefore I bought it from TxxBxx. I found that it was the problem of the mother board therefore I went back to buy a board from TxxBxx again. I changed the mother board and functions returned. Same as other guys information, the vibration has gone. I replaced the old one and vibration resumed function when I pressed the power button. I felt puzzled if the fuse was brown once we did something on the board why the old one still worked with the new screen?
    03-12-2017 07:39 AM
34 12