Is TrueCaller "realtime" for you?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I have TrueCaller installed along with the latest Dev preview updates. For me it's never been "realtime", the number shows up as just the plain number, but then immediately after I get a toast notification which tells me the caller ID. WTF.

Is this working properly for anyone?

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I actually forgot that I had installed it until this morning when I received a call and it had identified the caller. At first I didn't think of anything about it, then I realized it was the TrueCaller. So yes, it is working real time for me.

Kamran_Mamedi

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

My name is Kamran and working at Truecaller as an Customer support manager.
It sounds like the Caller ID is enabled as you receive the "After call search notification", which is a part of the Caller ID feature. In order to receive the instant live caller ID, we require at least 3G or WiFi connection due to technical reasons which is beyond our control.
I would like to add that Truecaller is not specifically developed for "Developer Preview", therefore some small issues could appear.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our "support at truecaller.com". We will try to reply as fast as we can.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Kamran

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it was. OS was updated to last version (DP), including network+ and everything else. I haven't got even toast notifications.
Maybe problem could be Dp, as Kamran just said. However, I sold my lumia 520 today, will see if it'll have problems on new phone..

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

My name is Kamran and working at Truecaller as an Customer support manager.
It sounds like the Caller ID is enabled as you receive the "After call search notification", which is a part of the Caller ID feature. In order to receive the instant live caller ID, we require at least 3G or WiFi connection due to technical reasons which is beyond our control.
I would like to add that Truecaller is not specifically developed for "Developer Preview", therefore some small issues could appear.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our "support at truecaller.com". We will try to reply as fast as we can.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Kamran

Thanks, I'll wait until Denim is released then and see if it works before putting in a support ticket.

monotheist

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
True caller was working like a charm for me, suddenly since the past few weeks it has completley stopped working. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but that has made no difference, I am on WP 8.1 Cyan DP

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Mine is till working the same, only tells me after the call who called. I was hoping after the last couple updates it would work real time but it isn't.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Always on LTE or WiFi, and I get the "After call search notification." I never get the live Caller ID when the call comes in. It does tell me who called after I hang up, though. Kind of useless by that time, as I've already figured it out by talking to them.

I'm on 8.1 Cyan, no DP, on Lumia 635.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos