What is a good website to buy my Lumia 1520.3?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I haven't decided if I'm gonna case it or not, the phone is already huge enough without one, it also looks really nice visually (cant say it looks as sexy as my 925 naked though) whats everyones thoughts on casing the 1520? particularly those who already own it?
Bought a clear case for my 925. Used it twice. Bought a slim case for my 1520.3. Used it once. Never used a case for other phones. I think whether a case is a good idea or not depends on where and how the phone is used and even how clumsy someone is. I don't use a phone for hours a day or while skateboarding, so no case for me.

SunilJayant

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have case just because the phone gets really hot while browsing or watching videos or playing games other wise I wouldn't need a case for my 925

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I haven't decided if I'm gonna case it or not, the phone is already huge enough without one, it also looks really nice visually (cant say it looks as sexy as my 925 naked though) whats everyones thoughts on casing the 1520? particularly those who already own it?

The phone can be slippery so I use the Amzer Pudding case, really doesn't add any bulk, gives a bit more grip and you have a bit of protection from light drops.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on B&H and it was a good deal. I can confirm it was the 1520.3. The downside is that initially its in spanish or something, but its fairly easy to switch it to english. Its either the 2nd or 3rd screen after powering it up for the first time.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on B&H and it was a good deal. I can confirm it was the 1520.3. The downside is that initially its in spanish or something, but its fairly easy to switch it to english. Its either the 2nd or 3rd screen after powering it up for the first time.

ahaha, thats rather odd considering B&H is located in New York City

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
That has to do with the fact that the 1520.3 is a Latin phone. It has nothing to do with B&H. Fortunately I can confirm it works on AT&T 100%. I get LTE and H+ depending on coverage.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Really? why does latin get the global version D=
I don't think "global version" is a Nokia or MS term. So the question is more like, why do we call the 938 Latin version the Global version? If I had to guess, it would be that more frequencies and bands are in play there which makes that model easier to use anywhere. I think we should call it the O Negative version, not the global version.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think "global version" is a Nokia or MS term. So the question is more like, why do we call the 938 Latin version the Global version? If I had to guess, it would be that more frequencies and bands are in play there which makes that model easier to use anywhere. I think we should call it the O Negative version, not the global version.

It's simply the regional variant for numerous Latin American countries where unbranded devices are the norm. We're lucky that many Latin American countries -- unlike European and Asian ones -- happen to use some of the same frequency bands for UMTS and LTE as we do in North America.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I know global version was an inaccurate term, I just didnt know what to call it since it had so many bands lol, we shall from this day fourth, call it the O Negative 1520

It's simply the regional variant for numerous Latin American countries where unbranded devices are the norm. We're lucky that many Latin American countries -- unlike European and Asian ones -- happen to use some of the same frequency bands for UMTS and LTE as we do in North America.

Amen to that!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
There are actually 2 global/international versions. The RM-938 and the RM-937. They both support a huge range of frequencies, but the frequencies they support are the exact opposite of the other. For example one of them might support the odd number LTE bands and the other supports the even numbered LTE bands. If you have both phones, you're mostly guaranteed that one or the other will always work.

STXVI

May 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't think "global version" is a nokia or ms term. So the question is more like, why do we call the 938 latin version the global version? If i had to guess, it would be that more frequencies and bands are in play there which makes that model easier to use anywhere. I think we should call it the o negative version, not the global version.
o negative...lol

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
i got it in today, I have to say, it really is bigger than you expect, as was recommended to me.. you really should go to a store and hold it in your hand before buying, but for me I love it, it really is stunning! I miss my 925's OLED display... but thats all.. everything else is simply amazing!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
i got it in today, I have to say, it really is bigger than you expect, as was recommended to me.. you really should go to a store and hold it in your hand before buying, but for me I love it, it really is stunning! I miss my 925's OLED display... but thats all.. everything else is simply amazing!
Jbl Bluetooth speaker with qi charging pad on top is a nice accesory. Just remember if you don't have a case on it with a rubber back to get one of the nonslip rubber pads people use for phones in cars so the bass doesn't make your phone vibrate the phone off the top if you're cranking it.

JennyTan

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Search from amazon for iTALKonline SoftSkin 10 PACK with all 10 different colors.
It is a silicone skin, easy to take off and put on. Change the color case with my mood. I put the phone in purse though.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had 2 Lumias with OLEDs and they both burned in, in less than a year. After about a year the 928 was pretty bad looking. After only 8ish months the Icon was starting to get noticeable. I hate OLED for this reason and for this reason I don't think the technology will ever amount to anything. Unless we can make it SUPER cheap and disposable so that you can replace the screen in your TV or Phone at least once a year. Right now that's not only not the case, but OLEDs are more expensive than LCDs in TV sizes. I can't stand the technology. I hated plasma for the same reason (not to mention the pixels are blurrier than LCD pixels) Personally I don't see much of a difference between the image on the Icon and the image on my 1520.3. So LCD is perfectly fine.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
i see the difference plain as day D=

also, I've never had any issues with oled, I keep reading about this, but not one of my devic es ever had it.. and I'm not exactly nice to my devices, i had the ZuneHD which because i loved the fancy animations, I set to never turn the display off.. so that was always running, and my 925 that is about a year old that I have glance always on with.. hmm... buuut preferences re preferences, the only place i really notice it on the 1520.3 is on the glance screen (compared to my 925.. it hardly feels worth enabling the glance screen on my 1520 D=) and on the start screen, it also has worse viewing angles, but that doesnt bug me as much as the black levels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786