1520 is still the best Windows Phone in the market

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is a amazing phone. I think once we get Denim it's going to feel like an even better phone. I think it's the best phone on the market right now. The core apps could use some tweaking. I was playing around with a friends iphone 6 plus the other day and I did like the way you just slide left to right for different camera modes such as panorama, time lapse etc. Definitely a clean usable interface. with everything on one screen that just slides. That's the kind of stuff Microsoft needs to improve.
Yeah I think so but considering how whiny and hard to satisfy the community is, I doubt that they would be grateful for that. It would rather be like "OMG, it's so alike Android" "OMG, MS is a copycat" "OMG, they don't follow the design principles anymore" blah blah blah.

To the OP: Yes. Until the next 15xx comes out, the 1520 still rules.

Zruspa

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
You guys must be the lucky ones... I bought a 1520, a few days later I started to had problems with touch... The screen was unresponsive to touch... later on, parts of the screen stop to react to touch... I sent it back to Nokia, they said the phone had liquid inside!! After fighting for a month, finally the shop where I bought it agreed to replace for any phone at the same price (I paid 700 ? for the phone!). I was thinking to buy the same one but then I chose the 930.

I'm happy with the 930, even thou it has no glance and no SD card.

My thoughts about 1520: Great screen (the perfect size would be 5.5 or 5.7) great camera, great speed, glance, sd card...

Maybe I had bad luck with mine, maybe it was a defective...

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yup, best phone on the market. I just have to giggle about the 'next big thing' to hit the market and everyone is all excited about the 'new' features when us 1520 owners have had most, if not all, those new features for a year now.

People wonder why there are no new flagship phones released this year for Windows Phone. Why release a new phone when your year old phone is just as good, if not better than the competition's new flagships?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup, best phone on the market. I just have to giggle about the 'next big thing' to hit the market and everyone is all excited about the 'new' features when us 1520 owners have had most, if not all, those new features for a year now.

People wonder why there are no new flagship phones released this year for Windows Phone. Why release a new phone when your year old phone is just as good, if not better than the competition's new flagships?

I agree. While I am always happy to see something new and better, I am not expecting much more from whatever replaces the 1520 and would be absolutely shocked if it offered anything 95% of buyers would consider more than just nice to have. I think we are at a point where more will come from software upgrades and the hardware in phones like the 1520 have enough power, memory and sensors to handle what's coming in the near to mid term future. That doesn't rule out MS deciding to withhold software enhancements to get people to upgrade but I think they should be focusing on more phone customers, not more phones to the same customers. To gain the most market share they should be wanting to avoid making Windows phones something that goes obsolete before the competition.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just went from the 930 to the 1520. I loved everything about the 930 but couldn't get AT&T LTE on it. I prefer the size of the 930 for one handed use and miss the wireless display, but am very happy to have the glance screen back! 1520 feels just as fast as the 930 did.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
DENIM will include 4K video at 24 fps, with digital photo samples from them at 5 mb, which is enough to really get me excited and happy that I chose a 1520 upgrade recently.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just went from the 930 to the 1520. I loved everything about the 930 but couldn't get AT&T LTE on it. I prefer the size of the 930 for one handed use and miss the wireless display, but am very happy to have the glance screen back! 1520 feels just as fast as the 930 did.

The 1520 supports Push2TV. I have it and it works great for wireless display.

I am old school enough to remember when it seemed that PC's were constantly being upgraded and a new computer was obsolete 6 months after you bought it. It has been the same with phones. Seems like every 6 months a new, more powerful phone is released. I welcome the 1520 that, after a year on the market, can still hold its own against the competition.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
You guys must be the lucky ones... I bought a 1520, a few days later I started to had problems with touch... The screen was unresponsive to touch... later on, parts of the screen stop to react to touch... I sent it back to Nokia, they said the phone had liquid inside!! After fighting for a month, finally the shop where I bought it agreed to replace for any phone at the same price (I paid 700 ? for the phone!). I was thinking to buy the same one but then I chose the 930.

I'm happy with the 930, even thou it has no glance and no SD card.

My thoughts about 1520: Great screen (the perfect size would be 5.5 or 5.7) great camera, great speed, glance, sd card...

Maybe I had bad luck with mine, maybe it was a defective...

Hi, in any manufactured device, expect at least a few devices to be defective. Replace your phone if you still have a warranty.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am about to find out. UPS just dropped off at my office by brand new 1520.3 from B&H! I'm going to try to sand down my SIM card from my 920 to the nano size to see how that works for me (and I can stop and get a card from the at&t store on my way home if I destroy this one). It will take a little getting used to, it is so big!

nismo_350

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
So far in really liking my 1520. Got it a few weeks ago so I'm still learning alot, came from the galaxy note 2. My only windows phone was the Samsung focus when they first came out lol, only had it for a week before trading it in for the first galaxy s.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery of this device is amazing! But yes all around the best device for sure. What I would love to see the successor being little smaller, 5,5"-5.8" would be better size for a big device. IMO at least.

Or keep the 6" screen and make it 20-25 grams lighter by using thinner metal.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No, 930 is the best! ;)
The 930 really isn't better than the 1520 in any way.

Actually, the 930 is a weird one as it was supposed to be a flagship but due to the time it was released it's really just a mid-level device.

Still a great phone, similar to the 1520 in many ways but missing several features the 1520 sports, such as microSD slot, glance support to name a few.

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
The 930 really isn't better than the 1520 in any way.

Actually, the 930 is a weird one as it was supposed to be a flagship but due to the time it was released it's really just a mid-level device.

Still a great phone, similar to the 1520 in many ways but missing several features the 1520 sports, such as microSD slot, glance support to name a few.

I think there are pros and cons to both. That being said, a 5" 1520 with a glance-capable AMOLED screen would be my dream windows phone device. Despite liking the 930, I'm really not massively keen on the square shape, metal band direction they seem to be taking higher end Lumia phones towards.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb