11-14-2014 01:31 AM
83 1234
tools
    A 1520 with updated specs and aluminum + polycarbonate body like 830/ 930 is my dream 1530.
    I actually like the simple design of the 1520 quite a bit, would not prefer to see the metal + poly combo, ala the 930. My wish list for the "1530" would be as follows:
    • just a little bit smaller (5.5- 5.8 range)
    • everyone, regardless of carrier or location, gets Qi
    • round the corners a bit to alter the appearance and make it a teeny bit less "boxy"
    • Make the camera lens protrude less so that it will lay flat and not wobble when used
    • update to the latest version of Gorilla Glass
    • add the normal upgrades in terms of hardware specs, etc.
    • add a stylus and digitizer for note taking to provide a true "phablet" experience rather than just a "really big phone" experience
    • optimize the OS for phablets (such as, figure out a way to do split screen, allow for tapping down to reach higher up apps, notifications, etc. when using one handed), again for a true "phablet" experience and work productivity.
    • keep the micro sd card or dramatically increase internal storage (3 - 4 times that of current)
    • alter micro sd and nano sim door to be one unit
    • More options on colors
    • Increased battery life (its great now of course, but if you alter the OS function and people start using it more for true work, it might require enhanced batter life as well)
    Joe920 likes this.
    11-08-2014 10:48 AM
    I just got the 1520 I ordered on ebay today which is coincidentally the same day my 920 contract is up. I didn't want to use my upgrade on a 1520, but did want to try one out.

So so far it's great. I do have a question, can I install games/apps to the sd card? The 16gb of internal storage is kind of jarring coming from 32.
    11-08-2014 08:19 PM
    I just got the 1520 I ordered on ebay today which is coincidentally the same day my 920 contract is up. I didn't want to use my upgrade on a 1520, but did want to try one out.

So so far it's great. I do have a question, can I install games/apps to the sd card? The 16gb of internal storage is kind of jarring coming from 32.
    How is it? The big screen feels intimidating at first but you'll soon get used to it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ As for games/apps, you can install at SD. Just go to settings and choose SD as the location for installing new apps. You can move also your existing apps from phone to SD by tapping the phone memory and choose the app/s you want to move.
    11-08-2014 08:23 PM
    Yes u can use the SD card for games. I do and it works fine.
    11-08-2014 08:23 PM
    1520 is tops. Had the icon for 10 days before I canceled Verizon and sent the phone back. Icons display was nice with bright whites but no glace screen was really annoying and the speaker was terrible and would completely mute if u set it on its back and no sd card. Mb just me but does any one notice on the icon the text blurring or streaking while scrolling it really bothered my eyes.
    11-08-2014 08:39 PM
    How is it? The big screen feels intimidating at first but you'll soon get used to it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ As for games/apps, you can install at SD. Just go to settings and choose SD as the location for installing new apps. You can move also your existing apps from phone to SD by tapping the phone memory and choose the app/s you want to move.
    I have pretty abnormally huge hands so screen/phone size is great for me. I'm loving it so far. It's like a 920 on roids. I have experienced the touch issue I've heard about a few times but nothing crazy.

Great news about apps on SD card. I searched and found an old thread that said it was not possible. I'm glad MS added the feature because 16gb is not enough for me.
    11-08-2014 08:45 PM
    I have experienced the touch issue I've heard about a few times but nothing crazy.
    What is this about?

I just ordered a 1520.3 and I am not looking to run into problems.
    11-08-2014 09:03 PM
    What is this about?

I just ordered a 1520.3 and I am not looking to run into problems.
    Sometimes it registers a swipe as a tap. I've read it happens to some devices but not all. I've just noticed it a few times in the hours I've used the phone today so its not really bothering me too much.
    11-08-2014 09:22 PM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. My 1520 will serve me well until a Windows 10 flagship is released next year.
    If you already have the 1520, you already have a Windows 10 flagship...
    11-08-2014 09:38 PM
    Sometimes it registers a swipe as a tap. I've read it happens to some devices but not all. I've just noticed it a few times in the hours I've used the phone today so its not really bothering me too much.
    That sucks. How commonly reported by users is it? I hate to be that guy, but when I shell out that much money for a high end phone, I expect it to work flawlessly.
    11-08-2014 09:51 PM
    That sucks. How commonly reported by users is it? I hate to be that guy, but when I shell out that much money for a high end phone, I expect it to work flawlessly.
    Honestly this has happened once or twice to me a every so often. I can count on my hand how many times in the year I had this issue happen to me. It's a pretty over exaggerated problem as MOST users don't have that issue.

Besides I'd take an oversensitive screen over the fact that a phone like the m8 resets.
    jwinch2 likes this.
    11-09-2014 11:12 AM
    My Lumia 1520 had been on for 2 days 16h and still 33% left. Lots of music streaming and internet.

Bluetooth, position, Medium light and Wi-Fi on :) love it!!!!!
    My Lumia 1020 before was dead after 16h.
    RumoredNow and undulose like this.
    11-09-2014 11:33 AM
    I think you'll find a lot of that weight is the massive 4300 mah battery.

:)
    Fred

Or keep the 6" screen and make it 20-25 grams lighter by using thinner metal.
    11-09-2014 02:21 PM
    I think you'll find a lot of that weight is the massive 4300 mah battery.

Fred
    The 1520 has a 3400 mAh battery.. not 4300
    11-09-2014 02:43 PM
    I think I had the scroll/tap thing happen one time when I first got my 1520, but several updates later, the issue is non-existent. I think most people aren't affected by this.
    TheBadGuy_88 and jwinch2 like this.
    11-09-2014 02:48 PM
    The scroll tap and other weird screen bug are gone with latest version and without my tpu case and screen protector
    jwinch2 likes this.
    11-09-2014 02:56 PM
    Opps, yup, typo on my part, my stupid fingers swapped the "3" and "4"

Fred

The 1520 has a 3400 mAh battery.. not 4300
    11-09-2014 02:59 PM
    The only problem with the 1520 is that because of its size its a niche product within a niche smartphone OS.
    11-09-2014 03:02 PM
    The only problem with the 1520 is that because of its size its a niche product within a niche smartphone OS.
    People keep saying that but this phone is not much bigger than a galaxy note or 6 plus which are obviously not niche products for their size. Nor do I consider windows phone a niche os. Despite the smaller market share, given its global sells around the world that is a mainstream os. Niche os would be Firefox or jolla
    pinkarton and RumoredNow like this.
    11-09-2014 09:34 PM
    People keep saying that but this phone is not much bigger than a galaxy note or 6 plus which are obviously not niche products for their size. Nor do I consider windows phone a niche os. Despite the smaller market share, given its global sells around the world that is a mainstream os. Niche os would be Firefox or jolla
    The Galaxy Note and iPhone 6 plus may not be niche relative to us Windows Phone users but compared to the standard iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 sales figures they're are niche. The size doesn't work for the majority is all i'm saying, it's not a knock on the engineering or quality.
    11-09-2014 10:19 PM
    The Galaxy Note and iPhone 6 plus may not be niche relative to us Windows Phone users but compared to the standard iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5 sales figures they're are niche. The size doesn't work for the majority is all i'm saying, it's not a knock on the engineering or quality.
    My impression of the size issue; the vast majority of those who say 5.5" and larger screens are too big have not actually used one other than to pick one up for a moment at a phone sales display...
    iamakii and TheBadGuy_88 like this.
    11-09-2014 10:34 PM
    My impression of the size issue; the vast majority of those who say 5.5" and larger screens are too big have not actually used one other than to pick one up for a moment at a phone sales display...
    Completely agree, one should try it first. I myself was not a fan of big screens before. But now, after using 1520 for a while, I can't see myself go back to smaller screens. But to each his own.
    11-09-2014 10:39 PM
    I think I had the scroll/tap thing happen one time when I first got my 1520, but several updates later, the issue is non-existent. I think most people aren't affected by this.
    I hope you are right. There is an 18 page thread on it here and a 30+ on the Nokia forums about it. Its obviously not just an isolated incident that hardly anyone gets.
    11-09-2014 11:27 PM
    My Lumia 1520 had been on for 2 days 16h and still 33% left. Lots of music streaming and internet.

Bluetooth, position, Medium light and Wi-Fi on :) love it!!!!!
    My Lumia 1020 before was dead after 16h.
    Im actually a bit disappointed with my 1520's battery after using it for 2 days now. From everything I heard, I was expecting a lot better than what I'm getting. Maybe I need to adjust some settings but I was hoping I wouldn't have to micromanage the thing.
    11-10-2014 12:14 AM
    I hope you are right. There is an 18 page thread on it here and a 30+ on the Nokia forums about it. Its obviously not just an isolated incident that hardly anyone gets.
    I was really hesitant to buy a used 1520 because I thought it might suffer from this issue badly. I would say I experience it about 3-5x a day in the 2 days I've had the phone but it really hasn't bothered me too much. If it starts happening more frequently I might have a problem.
    11-10-2014 12:18 AM
83 1234