My Nokia Lumia 1520 arrive!!! It is huge

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Its not too bad and I have noticed also that the way you touch/swipe makes a difference. Not saying that the fix is what Apple would say "you're swiping it wrong, swipe it differently" and I do hope they will fix it with Denim....
I've had the problem occur when just holding the screen. I.e. Hold onto a news tile in the Windows central app and it opens the news without me lifting my finger means a brief disconnection had occurred. It's not a swiping only issue; it's a touch disconnection related issue. Some people I've talked to said it doesn't happen on their 1520 but in fact they're not aware of how the problem manifests. Or they think it's a gesture issue.

It can happen in WordFlow as typing "s swipe" when typing "swipe". selecting a word as you scroll in reading mode in IE. Zooming to a paragraph in IE as you scroll although this actually a positive feature LMAO. A button reacts as if it was clicked even though it's literally just onKeyDown. But you may not notice this.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I was going to point out that the 1520 comes with the disclaimer that it is the big fish in a too small and unupdated pond, but thats just my jealousy being a little *****.

The Mr. doesn't see an unjust reason of having two back up phones.
Why is this hobby so difficult to argue for... sigh.

Congratulations by the way,
you made a correct choice :)

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had the problem occur when just holding the screen. I.e. Hold onto a news tile in the Windows central app and it opens the news without me lifting my finger means a brief disconnection had occurred. It's not a swiping only issue; it's a touch disconnection related issue. Some people I've talked to said it doesn't happen on their 1520 but in fact they're not aware of how the problem manifests. Or they think it's a gesture issue.

It can happen in WordFlow as typing "s swipe" when typing "swipe". selecting a word as you scroll in reading mode in IE. Zooming to a paragraph in IE as you scroll although this actually a positive feature LMAO. A button reacts as if it was clicked even though it's literally just onKeyDown. But you may not notice this.

Touch connection related has also come to my mind. Thats very much possible that the touch gets a very short disconnect which then registers as a tap. This could be on the digitizer or some other component like stated.

If that would be the case, and the cutoff is probably something like 0.01 seconds. This could possibly be fixed with a SW update, so the device does not register a double tap thats so fast. User might never know that some workaround has been added, because intendend double taps will have more time in between.

By the way also I have noticed that sometimes opening some specific apps, touch is totally in the wrong place. In a news reader you might click a news artickle and it opens soemthing 15 articles up. This is fixed by reopening the app.

Bending the device is not likely to be the cause of this problem and well see what happens, but my gut says this will be fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans