11-24-2014 11:14 PM
56 123
tools
    Get out of the mindset of comparing yourself (or your phone) to others. That will just make you miserable.
    I don't mean this as a put down but I think most people grow out of that, so its a matter of maturity.
    11-13-2014 11:46 AM
    as for the car issue, I've made it habit to take it out of my pocket and put it in a shelf on my dashboard right before i sit down
    Yep, I imagine I'll just adapt to it. I won't be able to put it in my cupholder anymore but I'll either get a wireless car charger or put it in the cubby next to my steering wheel. It'll become the 'new normal'.

I'm so tired of seeing people post with the mindset that they HAVE to get the latest and greatest phone... like it's some sort of competition with other people. It's ridiculous. If you're constantly looking at getting the "next" model, then you'll never be happy with what you have. There will always be a "next" model coming soon. Learn to love what you have. Buy what works for you. Get out of the mindset of comparing yourself (or your phone) to others. That will just make you miserable.

I just bought a 1520 (red, ATT version) and I'm happy with my decision. I don't care that it's a year old. I don't care that it only has 16GB vs 32GB - I can add an SD card anyway. I don't care that it doesn't have QI charging. What it does have is a warranty that the 1520.3/RM938 doesn't have in the USA. Getting warranty coverage for it is more important to me than bragging about having QI charging. Maybe others would prefer the QI charging over the warranty, and that's ok - as long as that's what THEY want and they're not buying that model for stupid bragging rights.

As I said, if you're always looking for something "better", you'll never enjoy what you have. Enjoy the 1520 for what it is and how it meets your needs. Leave the bragging rights to Apple sheep.
    Yep, it is amazing. If you search for 1520 on YouTube today, you get all kinds of comparisons to the iPhone6+ and other phablets and it seems to usually come out the winner even though it "is a year old". It actually makes the camera/video experience on the iPhone6 seem very outdated.

I went from 920 to 1520.3 (RM-938) at Tmobile. Never looked back, love it. You need 1700 and 2100 bands on the RM-938 to enjoy the LTE on Tmobile. Green, the Hulk looks good but I need the speed.
    Yep, not a T-Mobile customer yet but will be with this device. Can't wait to drop Sprint and the complete lack of phone compatibility they have with respect to Windows Phone. My Samsung ATIV S Neo has never felt so crappy until I've decided to get a Nokia and realized what I've been missing.

Thanks all. Great thread.
    11-13-2014 08:34 PM
    The only problem I have is in my car. I don't have any place in my car to comfortably sit the phone. My 920 fit perfectly in my cup holder, there isn't a place big enough to fit the enormous 1520.
    Maybe you could just buckle it in the passenger seat ;)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-13-2014 11:04 PM
    Delete this post.

Delete my post ._. My clients bugged
    11-18-2014 12:00 AM
    Yep, I imagine I'll just adapt to it. I won't be able to put it in my cupholder anymore but I'll either get a wireless car charger or put it in the cubby next to my steering wheel. It'll become the 'new normal'.
    You're lucky to have those options. I worry that my pocket stitching isn't strong enough to hold the phone the way I drive!
    11-18-2014 07:50 AM
    I'm posting this via the Windows Central app on my 1520.3 on T-Mobile. Needless to say here, but it is fantastic. Couldn't be happier. The wife's 735 is sweet as well getting full LTE on T-Mobile.

Thanks again all!
    jwinch2 and RumoredNow like this.
    11-24-2014 11:14 PM
56 123