Nokia Lumia Double Tap Fault Finally Answered?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, what fix and where?
Start here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/297759-9.htm#post2837401

I saved that page and apparently it has been edited a lot since then. Glad I made a copy. Hopefully the editing was to consolidate and clarify. For instance post 204 used to say this:

You may face one or all of these problems
Random false tap while trying to scrolling
Random search pop up
Phone freeze while trying to adjust vol or taking screen shot
Dark screen when trying to open the phone by pressing power button
Text select while trying to scroll on internet explorer browser
The real reason for this is wrong alignment odf the side key flex connector as shown on picture no 1
Most technician always suffer from re-installing it back it on its place cause its too tight, so it may lead sometimes to not correctly alignment with the board connector during installation and this may cause random data to cpu keeping it busy and slowing it down so you don’t take the most power from your phone
Also certain ways of using the phone may lead to this issue that’s why some face it others dont
Bending the phone can help cause it pushes the board connector toward the side key flex terminals making a good contact but we need a permanent solution here is how
How to fix
after opening the phone back cover
1-Remove the protective cap as shown on pic no 2
2-Remove both screen touch and side key connector and make sure it is reattached firmly as in (pic 1)
Close back cover again and enjoy the wonderful experience of your fantastic phone
, and if you are in a warranty you will need to describe this to lumia store in my case I lost warranty but I’m enjoying a good phone and no more need to bend the phone

tips
as Daniel rubino said
Do not carry the Lumia 1520 in your front pocket, display down

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Saw this just now:

Nokia has already acknowledged the issue, announcing that it would push out a software update to resolve it sometime before the end of January.

?Hi. We are working on it. Issue will be fixed with the new SW release available over the air during January 3rd or 4th week. Sorry for the inconvenience,? the company said on its help forums.

Anyone know of official response from Nokia about this issue?

Well, that is interesting. Do you have a link to that on the forums?

​Thanks,

dp84

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Saw this just now:

Nokia has already acknowledged the issue, announcing that it would push out a software update to resolve it sometime before the end of January.

?Hi. We are working on it. Issue will be fixed with the new SW release available over the air during January 3rd or 4th week. Sorry for the inconvenience,? the company said on its help forums.

Anyone know of official response from Nokia about this issue?

That was posted on january 2014.... Nearly a year ago. And the update didn't fix the issue.

Here is the link

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Noki...update-to-fix-overly-sensitive-screen_id51292

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That was posted on january 2014.... Nearly a year ago. And the update didn't fix the issue.

Here is the link

Nokia Lumia 1520 receives update to fix overly sensitive screen

It's best if you have the issue, send it for repairs. They seem to help.

Thanks I didnt realize it was so old.

It's best if you have the issue, send it for repairs. They seem to help.

Can people confirm sending it in for repair has got their devices fixed?

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Can people confirm sending it in for repair has got their devices fixed?
Yes, although it would take months for me to know if the issue is 100% fixed, it appears that my repair center knew exactly what they're dealing with, changed my screen and the device is flawless now. Do not believe in the negative comments about Nokia's repair service - it can vary but you won't know if you haven't tried.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had my screen replaced about 2 months ago, problem is there. The screen was replaced because the glue gave up, this issue wasnt discussed. I will contact them.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As I originally said in my first post, my friend told me that there are three faults that cause the double tap issues. The main one being electro magnetic interference. This can't be fixed as it would need a main board redesign.
I am not sure what the two secondary faults are, but I was told that if you buy one of the latest Lumia 1520s, these two faults will not be present so the double tap fault Will still be there but it won't be so noticeable.
When sending in a Lumia 1520 for repair, depending on where it is sent, the two secondary faults should be rectified.
Hope this helps.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Face it. Double Tap is a wet dream. Not the real deal.

On my 810, it's a six or seven tap. On my 925, often double, not infrequently quadruple. Fuggedaboutit, just push the power button. Reliable, less stress.

What I'd really like is just being able to push the Start button and shoot to th Start screen. Like my Android did years ago.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Face it. Double Tap is a wet dream. Not the real deal.

On my 810, it's a six or seven tap. On my 925, often double, not infrequently quadruple. Fuggedaboutit, just push the power button. Reliable, less stress.

What I'd really like is just being able to push the Start button and shoot to th Start screen. Like my Android did years ago.

Sorry I think I worded it wrong, we are talking about the scroll tap fault with the Lumia 1520. Its when a scroll with your finger is registered as a tap....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett