Bought a lumia 1520 yesterday

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
And it's amazing, especially for a crazy 329 euro price! Loving almost every bit about it, although I don't really like that many apps just make the text bigger and don't show more information and the camera is not top notch. But these are minor complaints, I still recommend this phone to everyone, cause it's purely awesome!

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I too complained about the same thing before (that overwelming text headers argh). 😎 Hope Windows 10 will havw better support and optimized for large screens like 1520.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to 1520 world. 😉 love the phone... Had it for 8 months now and not any problems with it at all. Have you tried playing modern combat on it? Really shows you what the phone is capable off 😉

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
And it's amazing, especially for a crazy 329 euro price! Loving almost every bit about it, although I don't really like that many apps just make the text bigger and don't show more information and the camera is not top notch. But these are minor complaints, I still recommend this phone to everyone, cause it's purely awesome!
What are you talking about "the camera is not top notch"?? My previous phone was a 1020 (I actually had two of them) and that is THE best top notch camera on a phone. I now have the 1520, which has the same exact Pureview technology as the 1020, only with a smaller sensor. I believe the 1520's (and 930/Icon's) camera is the 2nd best camera you can get on a phone! I was worried at first, when switching from the 1020 to the 1520, that I would miss the 41MP sensor, but after using the 1520 for a few days, those worries were quickly squashed.. the 1520 takes just as amazing photos as the 1020 IMHO. Sure, the full res images are smaller in size, but the oversampled 5MP images come out just as good. I'd say the only thing I miss from the 1020 is the Xenon flash. Don't let the smaller 20MP sensor size fool you, the 1520's camera tech is absolutely top notch.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 has a great camera....ok only problem is you don't get the full resolution in your camera roll but personally I didn't even know about that till I read it on here and thought it was the full resolution anyway I was seeing. And when I used a camera app (forgot what it was called) that actually stores the full resolution on camera roll I seriously couldn't tell the quality difference from mg previous pics.

HakkiCha

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
If you check the photos on your PC you'll see that there is a huge difference between the pictures. The bigger one is there for you to reframe with a great quality. Also you can try .dng photos and edit them on your PC. I used Note 3 and did a research about Xperia Z3 and decided to get 1520. Even 5 mp shots are far better than their cameras, thanks god to the Carl-Zeiss lenses and Pureview tech.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 has a great camera....ok only problem is you don't get the full resolution in your camera roll but personally I didn't even know about that till I read it on here and thought it was the full resolution anyway I was seeing. And when I used a camera app (forgot what it was called) that actually stores the full resolution on camera roll I seriously couldn't tell the quality difference from mg previous pics.
It's the same way on the 1020. We don't really need the full res pics to show in our camera roll. They did that on purpose to keep the performance up while scrolling through pics in the camera roll/albums. It's not a "problem". Like you say, there are 3rd party apps that allow viewing the full res versions of your photos on the phone, but I could never understand why anyone would "need" to do that... as you can't really tell the difference between the full res and the oversampled 5mp image on a small screen.

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I'll surely look at them on pc, but I have noticed that the low light performance gives out a lot of noise, of course the phones from other companies are a lot worse...

HakkiCha

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm sure Lumia Denim update will improve low light performance. I found 920's low light performance a bit better than 1520. But still noise is normal in those kind of situations. And like you said, it's still far better than other competitors. I'm really glad that I've picked up 1520. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre