Why do I get an error message when trying to download a song on my Xbox Music Pass (Nokia 1520)?

rkbennett76

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Xbox Music Pass - Nokia 1520

Hi.. I have xbox music pass on xbox one and pc and my work iPhone. I am now trying sync/download on Nokia 1520 (purchased yesterday) - every time I try and download a song, I am reminded that " You are already downloading songs on the maximum number of devices allowed. You can manage your devices by going to Mange Music Devices in Xbox Music Account Setting"

I have removed the iPhone but every time I try and download a song I get the same reminder to "manage devices" and every time I go back into account settings.. All devices registered are still there......

Some help will be appreciated.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Xbox Music Pass - Nokia 1520

Just had a look at my account and it lists my four devices but I carried on looking around and it seems like there is a time setting on when you delete a device and it looks like each device stays on for 30 days, head over to your account page and have a look around, but until you get other devices cleared off the list you can't add more.

Maybe a call to Microsoft could be the way to go

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Just had a look at my account and it lists my four devices but I carried on looking around and it seems like there is a time setting on when you delete a device and it looks like each device stays on for 30 days, head over to your account page and have a look around, but until you get other devices cleared off the list you can't add more.

Maybe a call to Microsoft could be the way to go

Not sure if I wish I didn't read your post.

I checked my account and got rid of some past devices, which is a good thing. BUT I had a 1520.3 that had to be replaced and I gave it and the replacement the same name. So I have two phones listed with the same name and don't see how to tell them apart such as date added or IMEI or ????

Would like to get rid of the phone that was replaced but don't want accidentally delete the one I have now. Not only is it a hassle to upload a file with the 32+ character account password to the phone if it made me add the account back, but with my first WP8 device you couldn't even add the primary account after the phone was setup without a hard reset despite it telling you you could do it later.

Anyone know how to tell which of the phones is the real one and which is the one that's gone?

Maybe I could temporarily rename the phone I have now and if that name shows up I can delete all others and then change it back, then delete that temporary name.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Okay, I figured out which was which by uninstalling an app and selecting each and trying to reinstall it. The reinstall worked for the actual phone and didn't for the previous phone with the same name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99