What are the correct APN settings for a Lumia 1520.3 on Straight Talk using the ATT version?

latlazer

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520.3 on Straight Talk. (Yes, the 'unicorn' version does exist, it is available for ~$500 at B&H Photo and Video in all colors)
I recently got Straight Talk with the BYOP kit from Walmart, but I derped up and chose the T-Mobile network version of the Nano-SIM. After I found out that the ATT version is far superior, I transferred my service to that SIM card. However, the APN settings that worked with the T-Mobile version don't work with the ATT version, so now I need the correct APN settings for my new SIM card.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
This is for Net10 ATT so it may work (I've heard the apn settings for Net10 and Straight Talk are interchangeable).

internet APN

APN: tfdata
User name : blank
Password : blank
proxy server (URL): blank
Proxy port: blank

MMS APN

APN : tfdata
WAP gateway (URL) : 66.209.11.33
WAP gateway port : 80
MMSC (URL) : http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port : 80
Maximum MMS size: blank

If you have trouble with mms try setting the IP type to IPv4 in MMS APN.

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This is for Net10 ATT so it may work (I've heard the apn settings for Net10 and Straight Talk are interchangeable).

internet APN

APN: tfdata
proxy server (URL): blank
Proxy port: blank

MMS APN

APN : tfdata
WAP gateway (URL) : 66.209.11.33
WAP gateway port : 80
MMSC (URL) : http://mms-tf.net/
MMSC port : 80
Maximum MMS size: blank

If you have trouble with mms try setting the IP type to IPv4 in MMS APN.

Thanks for posting, kmok.

For my new L1520, I had tried using the same MMS APNs that worked for my 920. Could not get pictures to send/receive until I tried the WAP Gateway you suggested. The WAP Gateway that worked for my 920 was mms3.tracfone.com. No good for the L1520 for some unknown reason.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting, kmok.

For my new L1520, I had tried using the same MMS APNs that worked for my 920. Could not get pictures to send/receive until I tried the WAP Gateway you suggested. The WAP Gateway that worked for my 920 was mms3.tracfone.com. No good for the L1520 for some unknown reason.

mms3.tracfone.com is the host name that corresponds to the IP Address 66.209.11.33. For whatever reason some phones won't take the host name and only accept the IP Address. It has been that way for years. I remember having to use the IP Address on my webOS phones on ST...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb