05-07-2015 07:52 AM
53 123
tools
    unlocking the device is a simple thing to do as long as you are an ATT customer, but the reason I went with the 1520.3 (rm-938) is 3 fold
    1. I don't want to wait until ATT blesses my unlocking
    2. 16 extra gb of onboard storage (I prefer apps onboard and music and pictures to SD)
    3. QI wireless charging / I have multiple wireless chargers one of which is built into my night stand

these are my reasons and if truth be told I could add a 4th stating that ATT charges $100 more than I feel their SKU is worth
    RumoredNow, aximtreo and Gunbust3r like this.
    12-07-2014 09:04 PM
    unlocking the device is a simple thing to do as long as you are an ATT customer, but the reason I went with the 1520.3 (rm-938) is 3 fold
    1. I don't want to wait until ATT blesses my unlocking
    2. 16 extra gb of onboard storage (I prefer apps onboard and music and pictures to SD)
    3. QI wireless charging / I have multiple wireless chargers one of which is built into my night stand

these are my reasons and if truth be told I could add a 4th stating that ATT charges $100 more than I feel their SKU is worth
    All true, ended up with ab AT&T version because the 938 didnt feel like it would ever ship.

I havent been an AT&T customer in 2+ years, but used my (now Verizon) number when I requested the unlock and it worked (twice actually), even though the 1520 wasn't out when I left. You just have to have been a customer at some point
    12-08-2014 07:54 AM
    Sorry if this is not allowed, but I have one (1520.3) mint, for sale!
    12-08-2014 09:44 AM
    Sorry if this is not allowed, but I have <***redacted***> for sale!
    Review the Guidelines: Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

And then post your device for sale in our Marketplace: The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums

You've hit 10 posts so you'll be able to upload the required pics now. However, you need 50 local posts and 30 days in to use Marketplace... OR... You need to have 100 Global posts across Mobile Nations sites and 3 months being a member. I see you also belong to webOS Nation, Android Central and iMore, but have only hit 19 posts... Maybe post a bit more and come back to list your device?

Otherwise, selling devices via topic threads is against the forum rules...

Many have success selling on Swappa. It's cheaper for the seller than eBay and more trusted by buyers.

​Good Luck and don't be a stranger!!!
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-08-2014 11:10 AM
    Please do not buy at tronic store they are frauds. I bought one two weeks ago but fortunately for me I paid with Paypal and that was how i got my money back. It is a bogus website that needs to be shut down.
    bing76, Cartman and RumoredNow like this.
    12-10-2014 06:42 PM
    Hey Samson... What happened with the device? Was it defective? Obviously used? A different variant? A Demo model? What?

More details will help users here make a better informed decision.

And welcome to Windows Central BTW!!!
    12-10-2014 08:08 PM
    I bought one in B&H the day before Thanksgiving... I think I got one of the last ones. My guess is that the supply simply dried up.
    12-10-2014 11:09 PM
    I ordered a white one from B&H on 11/22/2014 and am still waiting. Expected availability is back to the 15th
    12-11-2014 01:44 AM
    Hey Samson... What happened with the device? Was it defective? Obviously used? A different variant? A Demo model? What?
    I'm guessing "none of the above" as in no phone at all.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-11-2014 06:16 AM
    Here is link to B&H Photo as of this morning; 12/11. It appears two are back ordered and the black version is discontinued.

Nokia RM-938 | B&H Photo Video
    12-11-2014 08:07 AM
    Just picked a yellow one up on ebay :D
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-11-2014 03:58 PM
    B&H has them in stock again, yellow and white.
    RumoredNow and Cartman like this.
    12-15-2014 04:20 PM
    Yellow! Yellow! Yellow!

12-15-2014 06:38 PM
    Don't even try tronic, it is a fraudulent website. They will take your money and you will never get it back especially if you use your credit card. I fell for their trick when i purchased from them but fortunately I used paypal and paypal got my money back from me after 2 weeks. Try to call the phone number they provided, it is an individual phone number and the person will not pick it up.

The website is a phony website set up by scammers. They decieves you by displaying cheaper price on their website. Once you fall for it and buy product, your money is gone for ever. I purchased the Nokia lumia 1520 from them unknowingly to me they are frauds. I did not receive any email or tracking #s from them for three days. Four days later, I received an email from one of their so called employee encouraging me to join them to dupe people and making millions by setting up account with paypal. Immediately I forwarded the email to paypal and they started their investigation. one week later my money was refunded back to me by paypal. Paypal then thanked me for what I did by exposing them immediately. Please tell whosoever you know don't fall for their trick. They are scammers.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 12-15-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-15-2014 10:33 PM
    Don't even try tronic, it is a fraudulent website. They will take your money and you will never get it back especially if you use your credit card. I fell for their trick when i purchased from them but fortunately I used paypal and paypal got my money back from me after 2 weeks. Try to call the phone number they provided, it is an individual phone number and the person will not pick it up.

The website is a phony website set up by scammers. They decieves you by displaying cheaper price on their website. Once you fall for it and buy product, your money is gone for ever. I purchased the Nokia lumia 1520 from them unknowingly to me they are frauds. I did not receive any email or tracking #s from them for three days. Four days later, I received an email from one of their so called employee encouraging me to join them to dupe people and making millions by setting up account with paypal. Immediately I forwarded the email to paypal and they started their investigation. one week later my money was refunded back to me by paypal. Paypal then thanked me for what I did by exposing them immediately. Please tell whosoever you know don't fall for their trick. They are scammers.
    I sent an email with some questions, never got a reply.
    12-15-2014 11:32 PM
    Yellow! Yellow! Yellow!

Ya, my yellow one status: In stock, order sent to warehouse.
    Last edited by T Moore; 12-15-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Cartman and RumoredNow like this.
    12-15-2014 11:33 PM
    Ya, my yellow one status: In stock, order sent to warehouse.
    When Denim hits, I'm training Cortana to answer to: "Oh, Big Yellow Phone!" She'll call me, "Squishy Life Form." We'll have lots of fun with that out in public...

If it's "embarrassing" to talk to your phone (and I see people staring just with the voice search already) I say push it over the top.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-16-2014 11:19 AM
    Cool! mine is coming too!!!
    12-16-2014 12:20 PM
    Don't wait to order from B&H. They were $490 when I bought, $519 recently and out of stock. Now they have some more and the price went up to $529.
    12-16-2014 01:32 PM
    If it's "embarrassing" to talk to your phone (and I see people staring just with the voice search already) I say push it over the top.
    Agree about pushing it. I just started carrying a smartphone in the last few years. I'm sorry but they were just too immature for my tastes. I liked what they could do but hated how they did it in such crude and unsophisticated ways. Anyway, after carefully researching, comparing and trying Android, iPhone and WP8 and choosing WP, I cleared the details of the analysis from my brain. So I don't recall the voice capabilities of the others but assume from the comments, questions and looks that WP does voice things the others don't. And the reactions are positive. I don't know if the people asking know iPhones, but for example I am regularly asked if I have the new iPhone when I tell it to read me texts and dictate answers without taking it out of my pocket. Lost count of how many people said I wish my phone could (fill in the blank).

I think voice control is going to expand a lot. I hope the phones get good at separating their owners' voices from others nearby. Then again, it might be fun to say "delete all contacts" next to someone you don't like.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-16-2014 01:49 PM
    I bought my black 1520 from B&H in October for $499. I was happy, but I would totally pay the premium to get the yellow.
    12-16-2014 01:54 PM
    ...but assume from the comments, questions and looks that WP does voice things the others don't. And the reactions are positive. I don't know if the people asking know iPhones, but for example I am regularly asked if I have the new iPhone when I tell it to read me texts and dictate answers without taking it out of my pocket. Lost count of how many people said I wish my phone could (fill in the blank)...
    When I was in Italy I got some great mileage out of Bing Translator...

My wife and I had gone to a Mall in Rome and at the Taxi Stand you needed to press an intercom button to have the concierge call for your taxi. There was another couple that came up to get a cab... They spoke Russian and broken English, no Italian. I used Bing again (for them) to have my phone ask the concierge in Italian, "Si chiamera un taxi per me per favore?" (Will you call a taxi for me please?)

The lady was stunned when my phone spoke Italian for me and she stood there staring at her iPhone wondering how to get it to do that trick. I'm pretty sure iPhone could do it with the right App. People have these amazing tools in their hands and they use them for sexting and FB updates and think that's it.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    12-16-2014 06:10 PM
    BTW, ordered a yellow 1520.3 from B&H on 12/12/2014, website said backordered until 12/15, phone got shipped 12/16. I will get it 12/19. YAHOO!!! Paid $520 plus $6 shipping in the US. B&H throws in a free 8GB microSD card too. For me, if you're going to get a 1520, it's got to be the 1520.3 in order to get the Qi charging. 32GB internal memory is also cool. Happy Holidaze!
    12-17-2014 12:51 PM
    I tried using it. I think it is a scam!
    02-27-2015 10:29 AM
    I got my white one from B&H recently. I must have hit at the right time because It was only a week between clicking 'buy' and it showing up on my porch.

My only concern is if and when this thing will get denim

I simply refuse to give AT&T money for what is essentially a crippled version of this phone.

The two downside thus far was the softcard would not work because it was not ATT branded, but that particular 'problem' just went away - however, I have a sneaking suspicion that any NFC tap-to-pay schemes MS chooses to launch in future will somehow require 'carrier branded' phones, or some such BS like that.

Other than that, great phone!

oh, the other downside .. yeah, I needed to buy bigger clutch purses to fit this thing -- for a girl that can be quite an investment!!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:58 AM
53 123