Why do I have a black line down my Lumia 1520 screen?

Tyrhone Tubbs

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Black line down lumia 1520 screen

Hi all, been perusing the threads here waiting for my used lumia 1520's to arrive, one for the missus and one for me. Bad news though, one of them seems to have a black line running vertically down the screen (see attached photo). I am hoping it is just software related but I have done a factory reset and it is still there. It is not a crack and if it is dead pixels I have never seen them like that before. I have included a picture and hope you guys might be able to find a solution other than returning to sender.

lumia-1520-screen-problem.jpg

Appreciate any help you might be able to give me.
cheers
Tyrhone

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It's a display defect that supposedly shows part of the touchscreen grid, not a software problem unfortunately. You should return it for a replacement.

The only non-return to sender solution is to replace the screen, but that's not usually worth it and I'm not entirely positive that it will hide the line.

Tyrhone Tubbs

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Black line down lumia 1520 screen

Yep. Reached out to the seller and they apologized and are sending me a replacement. Other than that I gotta say this phone is incredible. Best phone I have ever used and although a bit lacking in apps Windows Phone is a great OS

Eduardo Calvi

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
You're right bro, i love Microsoft and Windows too... There are obviously some little problems but i am really a big fan of microsoft.

Microsoft Corporation 4ever!!!!

(if some microsoft guy is reading this he should tell the others of microsoft to continue working on windows phones and make them better!!! Next phone? MICROSOFT!):wink::wink::wink:

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Could also be just a less than perfect connection from the LCD to the mainboard. Those connectors are miniscule & finicky, even a speck of dust between them will cause artifacts like that. But doesn't make much sense cracking it open and trying to fix if the seller will send a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99